Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Moto Photo Tag >>> SoCal Version  (Read 21663 times)

M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2 VFRs & a GTS
GPS: 1 hr N/W of LA LA Land
Miles Typed: 2850

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:12 pm »

I know exactly where that first pic is, but I ain't tellin' until I can get there with my camera. Twofinger

The second one is not so easy.

BTW:
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: MTS1200ST, V-Strom 1000, '94 Yamaha GTS1000, 2 Honda VF700F's
GPS: E.R. Burroughs Ranch, aka Tarzana, California
Miles Typed: 2821

My Photo Gallery

Lane-Sharing Saved My Life!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 04:17:43 am »

I know exactly where that first pic is, but I ain't tellin' until I can get there with my camera. Twofinger

The second one is not so easy.

Re: #1 Pic

Wow, I'm impressed! Smile. Though from a look at your semi-vague location in your profile, I'm thinking this is right in your backyard.

Just so there's a little heat on ya to go get the pic, I'll give a couple other clues for the others...

If I spin about 90 degrees right from this pic, you'd see the original pic I was gonna post which I decided was way to easy to start with. That, yet to be posted pic, contains my bike parked against a barbwire fence with a finger of a body below in the background . If I spin another 90 degrees right from that, there's some sort of structure on the lefthand side. This pic is near the crest of a low-level mountain pass.

M.Brane, if you tag this location, the real tag is with your bike against the wire fence with the bodyfinger in the background. Post yours and then I'll post mine Wink (kinda sounds dirty at this point, lol )

Re: #2 Pic

There's a hint photo below, you'll pass this point a mile or two before the tag. If you can read the sign it says Private road. Though, once you get up to where the tag-point is, you'll realize that that sign cannot possibly be true at this point (If you tag this, please snap a photo of the signage near the top that make my previous statement make sense).
In order to get the actual tag photo I rode apx. 10-20 feet past a closed gate and up to the top of little dirt ridge. If you're not up to that, a photo of your bike at the closed gate, plus a bikeless photo from the dirt ridge is acceptable Wink.
Also, since this particular road is an off the beaten path dead-end road I'll give one more hint as well. The valley below took the name of the first city of the valley, established in 1874.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:41:47 am by GTS_Rider » Logged

"I actually felt G-Forces in my face fat" - Streetbike Tommy
Doghouse_Riley

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Plated '96 KLX650R, '85 HD FLTC Garage Queen
Miles Typed: 37

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 06:37:19 am »

Finger of a body? Headscratch

Ciao
Doghouse
Advertisement

InbredJed

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Rockster, FZR400
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 01:26:55 pm »

I'm guessing it's a finger of a body of water...
So where can you look past a barbed wire fence to see a body of water? Headscratch
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 03:32:47 pm »

Bike, fence, finger of body:
GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 04:18:29 pm »

Bike, fence, finger of body:

Bigok Clap

Eggsalant job!  Lol

Now post up to two more tags. New 'tag-targets' don't have to be fresh pics(though in order to 'tag'-a-'target', it must be a fresh photo). Part of the reason for opening the game up to two 'tag-targets' is so that the game doesn't stagnate in one region of the 200 mile range of the game (within 100 miles of L.A. downtown). If you got something near your backyard plus something on the southern or south/eastern/western (or just closer to center) part of the range that would be best to spread things out a bit...

Oh yeah, you showed yours, here's mine:

I'm pretty sure this is the exact location:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&z=19&ll=34.38711,-119.36727&spn=0.00095,0.001784

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:56:33 pm by GTS_Rider » Logged

M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 01:21:16 am »

Actually that's a few turns down the road. Here's the turnout by the "pumphouse" as it's known to the locals:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&z=19&ll=34.386256,-119.380821&spn=0.001866,0.002132&t=h

Next tags:
GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 03:30:57 am »

Actually that's a few turns down the road. Here's the turnout by the "pumphouse" as it's known to the locals:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&z=19&ll=34.386256,-119.380821&spn=0.001866,0.002132&t=h

Next tags:

Aha!, leave it to a local to show a tourist the error of their ways. I was searching for the mysterious building I mentioned in my hint, now I can't believe I missed it!
Though for sure, that section of 150 is a rarely travelled route for those coming from the south. 33/Cerro Noroeste/perhaps Lockwood Valley road are mostly covering our crosshairs as we venture into the golden-lands...
Both of your new 'tag-targets' are great shots! I have an idea for your #2 shot, but #1 I'm scratching my head a bit. Seems kinda funny. I've probably blasted over that bridge a few times I'm guessing, but never stopped to see it as in the view of your pic...
Since we've got two new tags into play, I'll be hinting way more heavily towards my remaining untagged photo in my next post...

GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 04:21:26 am »

Re, my #2 yet untagged photo

Ok, I might as well post a direct map to the location at this point. If you can't find it with the following text you're just lame and/or have no google sense.

Here's the target...

"In order to get the actual tag photo I rode apx. 10-20 feet past a closed gate and up to the top of little dirt ridge. If you're not up to that, a photo of your bike at the closed gate, plus a bikeless photo from the dirt ridge is acceptable."

You will pass this along the way to the target...

You may want to send an email to Michael D. Antonovich, asking him why there's a private road sign en-route to the public park that bears his name...

Since I'm giving this away, and it's soooo easy to get around the closed gate, the bonus pic is from much higher altitude, ie, the last 180 turn before you reach the top. You'll know it when you reach it. And, hey, if you get caught, I'm pretty sure they'll just kick your ass outta there...

GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 12:57:17 am »

Next tags:

After a little more thought on your first photo-tag location, I'm pretty sure I know where it is. As a bit of synchronicity, the following piece of vid appeared on national tv somewhere within an hour of your posting. Not 100% sure it's the same bridge, but pretty sure...

The image:

The vid:
(apx 4MB)
http://gts-rider.info/thebridge.wmv
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:14:14 am by GTS_Rider » Logged

M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 01:28:04 am »

Sure looks like the same one to me.

I figured that anybody who's done any serious exploring of the local twisties could find 'em. Of course getting there to take the pics is the fun part. Bigok

I know where your second tag is now, but won't be able to get there this weekend. That's a bit far still for having a 7-year-old on the back of the Ninja. He can't stay awake after about 15-20 miles. Rolleyes
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 01:35:54 am »

Back from the dead. EEK!

Been a long time since I'd been up that road. The upper part hasn't gotten any better over the years that's for sure. The lower part where the road was repaved is a fun little spot now though.
Biglar

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: 97 Buell s3 Thunderbolt, 91 Heritage Softail
GPS: Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Miles Typed: 1673

My Photo Gallery

Keep talkin shit... You're makin' me famous!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 06:08:17 am »

Ok! I was looking for this after seeing Blue's Bay area tag. I see no new tag so I'll post an easy one now to get this going again. This one is real easy so get out there and tag it! Thumbsuphttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb151/Biglarphotos/digipics075.jpg
A hint should not be necessary as this one is so easy but.... Jay Leno is here quite a bit.

It's A Ménagé A Trois... You And Me And Heineken... Cause You're Pretty When I'm Drunk
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 08:50:34 pm »

Ya know I was thinking about heading there for breakfast a while back, but couldn't get my lazy ass going early enough to beat the crowd. Been a while since I stopped in there. I'll have to make it a point now. Bigsmile

Nice S3! Bigok

BTW nobody's tagged my two shots yet. You should have been able to get one of those since it's just a little east of yours, and a perfect road for that Buell.

I'm suprised nobody's gotten the other one yet. You'd think at least someone who frequents the crest would take a little side-trip down the big T. Twofinger
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:52:56 pm by M.Brane » Logged
Biglar

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 06:03:42 pm »

Ya know I was thinking about heading there for breakfast a while back, but couldn't get my lazy ass going early enough to beat the crowd. Been a while since I stopped in there. I'll have to make it a point now. Bigsmile

Nice S3! Bigok

BTW nobody's tagged my two shots yet. You should have been able to get one of those since it's just a little east of yours, and a perfect road for that Buell.

I'm suprised nobody's gotten the other one yet. You'd think at least someone who frequents the crest would take a little side-trip down the big T. Twofinger

East...Hmmmm. Ok I'm going after it this weekend! Thumbsup

It's A Ménagé A Trois... You And Me And Heineken... Cause You're Pretty When I'm Drunk
GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 01:44:47 am »

Back from the dead. EEK!

Been a long time since I'd been up that road. The upper part hasn't gotten any better over the years that's for sure. The lower part where the road was repaved is a fun little spot now though.

Hey, good job! Browns Cyn. extending from the end of De Soto in the SF Valley used to be a lot more fun when you could actually continue the ride all the way to the top. Good on you for hunting it down...

I've gotta admit, I was a little disappointed with how this thread progressed. It really seems like the southern portion of Region One is really weak in numbers compared to Bay Area and and/or Oregon/Washington contingent. So I was just gonna let it slide into oblivion... but since we picked up a whole 3 playa's for the whole SoCal region, I'll bump it once more.

P.S.  to Biglar

Yeah, you really didn't need to give the Jay Leno hint on the first posting. It was truly easy as you said...

Here's a map where you can score both of M.Branes previously untagged tags. This ride won't suck...
(In case anyone else wants to play and is looking for a good day-ride (half-day if'n you start from the valley))

full wide-shot here: http://gts-rider.info/smirkride.jpg

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:52:26 am by GTS_Rider » Logged

M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 02:16:18 am »

Love those map faces. LOL Lol

That ride only gets the tag with the bridge though.

The other tag photo was taken from a turnout with a picnic table in the middle of a switchback about 3/4 of the way up the road looking back down at the way I just came up. I'm suprised you didn't tag it near the end of that last ride we were on together............
Biglar

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 04:13:09 am »

Hey, good job! Browns Cyn. extending from the end of De Soto in the SF Valley used to be a lot more fun when you could actually continue the ride all the way to the top. Good on you for hunting it down...

I've gotta admit, I was a little disappointed with how this thread progressed. It really seems like the southern portion of Region One is really weak in numbers compared to Bay Area and and/or Oregon/Washington contingent. So I was just gonna let it slide into oblivion... but since we picked up a whole 3 playa's for the whole SoCal region, I'll bump it once more.

P.S.  to Biglar

Yeah, you really didn't need to give the Jay Leno hint on the first posting. It was truly easy as you said...

Here's a map where you can score both of M.Branes previously untagged tags. This ride won't suck...
(In case anyone else wants to play and is looking for a good day-ride (half-day if'n you start from the valley))

full wide-shot here: http://gts-rider.info/smirkride.jpg

Thought the bridge was off Topanga or Tujunga. I'm riding out there to morrow tocheck and get a photo. Thumbsup
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:14:55 am by Biglar » Logged

GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 02:27:27 am »

...That ride only gets the tag with the bridge though...

Damn!, I could have sworn that second pic was from the the top of Little T looking down onto the valley side...

Oh well, a pretty good hint for the actual location though...  Thumbsup

Biglar

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 01:25:17 pm »

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb151/Biglarphotos/Friday003.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb151/Biglarphotos/Friday002.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb151/Biglarphotos/Friday001.jpgCouldn't find the other tag. I probably rode by it too fast.Here's the bridge and gratuitous STN sticker shot.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal