Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: New Member from NZ  (Read 5795 times)

Coro Kid
Mental age of 5

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple
GPS: Coromandel, New Zealand
Miles Typed: 79

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2010, 04:48:58 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I'm Geoff from Coromandel in the North Island of NZ.  I'm 62, been riding since my teens and doing a sight more of it since retiring!  By way of introduction, you can see some of the bikes I've owned here: http://picasaweb.google.com/geoff.james74/GeoffSBikesAndStuff# and I've recently been learning a bit about blogging.  I don't pretend that it has any great merit, but this is it: http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/.

This looks like a great forum and I'm really looking being part of it  Thumbsup

Cheers,

Geoff
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:47:26 pm by Coro Kid » Logged

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Jules

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZX14
GPS: Australia
Miles Typed: 122

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:28:21 am »

Hi Geoff, and welcome to this forum.

It's pretty quiet in this section & I've found that very few Aussies or Kiwis actually post regularly here, though the overall forum is excellent.

I live near Melbourne in Victoria, Aust and currently ride an '01 VFR800. I was interested to read your discussion re replacing the Honda as my wife is beginning to ride pillion more often and I'm finding the VFR just lacking a bit for two up riding.  I will sent you a  personal message (PM)as well to ask a bit more about the Blackbird.

Cheers

Jules.

May you live in interesting times...
Rincewind

Reputation 123

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 13728

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:40:26 am »

Hi Geoff, welcome to STN.  Glad to see you have made it here, I have seen you on the Triumph Street UK forum.  Your blog proceeds you, as I posted your Blackbird vs Street Triple entry here the other day, for the XX and sport-touring riders.   

Bigok
Advertisement

Ack535

Reputation 75

Motorcycles: 1998 CBR1100XX, 2005 CRF250X, 05 FJR R.I.P.
GPS: Williamston MI USA
Miles Typed: 949

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:43 am »

Welcome Geoff! A great bunch of folks from all of the world here on ST.Net. Bigsmile

Best wishes,

Pete
2005 FJR1300
Williamston MI, USA

Pete
Coro Kid
Mental age of 5

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:49 pm »

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome!

Rincewind, small world, haha!  Just how small was driven home the other day when I was browsing a "nostalgia" American bike website and found 2 photos of the drag bike I campaigned in the UK in the late 60's - quite a shock, I can tell you!

All the best,

Geoff

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 77

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15110

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:16 pm »

Welcome from the other side of the world    Always nice to have a new perspective on things and I'm looking forward to a ride report two  Smile

Meanwhile, if you want a more worldly recognition, try posting in the New Members Thread Glad to have you aboard!

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 86

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton, '16 BMW R1200RS
GPS: Western N.C.
Miles Typed: 14347

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 05:57:13 am »

I'm Geoff from Coromandel in the North Island of NZ.

A beautiful land you have there  Bigok

I toured the North & South Islands over Christmas 2001. Regretfully, I had to pass by the Coromandel Peninsula on my way south  Sad

I hope to go back someday  Smile

kiwibird

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2005 Honda Blackbird
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:05:15 am »

Hi Geoff,  

I follow your blog too, and ride a Blackbird, in Melbourne.  Oh and I come from Wellington !!.  Jules, I went from a 00 VFR800 to the Bird about 8 months ago.  Massive difference in power, and ability to 2 up and carry gear.  PM me if you want and I can give you my number.  I live in port Mel.

Cheers
Coro Kid
Mental age of 5

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:53:01 pm »

Hi Geoff,  

I follow your blog too, and ride a Blackbird, in Melbourne.  Oh and I come from Wellington !!.  Jules, I went from a 00 VFR800 to the Bird about 8 months ago.  Massive difference in power, and ability to 2 up and carry gear.  PM me if you want and I can give you my number.  I live in port Mel.

Cheers

Gidday kiwibird Thumbsup  We have a few things in common then!  I'm called KiwiBird on the US CBRxx site!  Don't post much now that I haven't got the 'bird any more though.  Also have a son and his family in Hawthorn East; he runs the occupational therapy programme for the Melbourne School for the Autistic - lovely city.  Our other son used to work at Griffins in Lower Hutt and our daughter works for Corrections in Upper Hutt.

Safe riding,

Geoff

kiwibird

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2005 Honda Blackbird
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 09:48:16 pm »

Hi Geoff,

How random, I grew up in Upper Hutt, own a house round the corner from the Griffins Factory, and my dad spent some time in that Corrections facility a few years ago...... small small world.

I look forward to your blog updates, as have spent quite a lot of time up around the Coromandel (My mate lived in Coromandel township for a while working on the tourist bush railway thingy)

Daniel Kalal
It's pronounced Goot-see

Reputation 114

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: Guzzi Daytona, Guzzi Stelvio
GPS: Kansas
Miles Typed: 1001

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 10:02:40 pm »

Coromandel.

Those roads about wore me out!  You live in an amazing area.

Coro Kid
Mental age of 5

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 10:34:05 pm »

Amazing - two guys who know Coromandel - how chance is that Lol

Kiwibird, this is bizarre!  A guy who does 1000 miles in 24 hours events with me has a house right near the Griffins factory too!  He has an MV Augusta (not the most comfortable bike for long hauls).  Oh and I have a friend here in Coromandel who races a Norton Commando and works part-time at the pottery railway driving the trains!

Daniel, want to know two more incredible things? (Apart from them being great photos)

On your first photo (Whitianga Harbour) our youngest son is getting married on Friday and the reception is less than 100 metres from where you took the photo!

On the other two photos, our house is right on the narrow peninsula in the background!!!  If you look at the photos here: http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2010/03/global-driving-standards-or-lack-of-em.html, the first one was taken looking east near the lookout where you took the top picture  and the second one was at the bottom of the same hill on the Coromandel Town side!

**Cue Twilight Zone music**

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal