Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Pretty cool XR1200 video review  (Read 3530 times)

1KPerDay
Ride to eat, eat to ride

Reputation 27

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Honda GL1800A, Harley XR1200, BMW R90/6
Miles Typed: 10830

My Photo Gallery

Arbiter of good taste

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:27:47 pm »

couple years old but good sounds and images

Time is cruel. And so are bacon cheeseburgers.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

chornbe

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 05:33:33 pm »

Stop it. I already want one in the garage. Just stop it!

(Actually, there's a nearly 100% overlap with the Guzzi and the Guzzi has luggage and a bit more curb appeal, with standard sport-sized wheels and tires.)
nferr

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 99

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 06:00:37 pm »

I'd like to own one. If I didn't buy the Scrambler last year I probably would buy one. The local Harley dealer still has an 09 leftover XR1200.

11 Harley Wide Glide
08 Triumph Scrambler
Advertisement

BobW

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: r1200rs
GPS: Morganton, NC
Miles Typed: 594

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »

A riding friend bought one last year and (other than lifting the rear tire on right hand turns due to the exhaust), he really likes it. The upgrades on the 2010 should make a a real kick ass ride. A spin off on this platform could make for a great ST bike, big tank, comfy seating, real bag option, etc., with the low maint engine, belt drive and good susp/brakes it could be a hit, they could call it a...................................... ......... Buell...............................  Lol

I love my Stelvio for it's comfort and performance (I'm at 20K this year including a cross country trip), but had HD not been putting one in the back of the head of Buell, it would have remained on my very short list. I had been waiting to read a Buell press release for the rumored 1125 ST to compare their offerings rather than it's obituary. Nothing wrong with all the retro dark/low/48 et al, styling as it obviously gets them a bunch of people in the door, but it wouldn't cost anything to grow the  "performance" group within the Brand.

Cheers

Retired and loving it.
xbud

Reputation 3

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Yamaha Super Tenere
GPS: Greensburg, PA
Miles Typed: 368

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:52:27 am »

I stopped at a local HD Dealer and asked why there were no XR1200 or XR1200X on the floor, and the sales manager said that they were too close to a Buell and they never moved Buell's either. I told him that you cant sell what you don't have, he responded in telling me about the Lightning they had on the sales floor for 3 years  Rolleyes.......I really think the XR1200X is going to get the same recognition as Buell did in a "Traditional" Harley Showroom.

"Sometimes when you look into his eyes, you get the feeling someone else is driving."
BobW

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: r1200rs
GPS: Morganton, NC
Miles Typed: 594

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 07:17:48 pm »

I respect a dealer deciding to stock what he can sell as HD makes them pay floor plan costs that in the past was not required by the Motor Company, but to display a negative and unfounded (IMO) reply is much like the GM mentality that led to the death of Olds (remember them) and now Pontiac, etc. Dealers can make/break a Brand and if nothing else should at least offer potential customers some brochure materials and explain how they can get and support what ever model a customer is interested in. What a douche bag, I'm a bike whore and will pay a bit more (though rarely required) to support a good shop, but if they aren't at least professional (I'm not talking serving Kool Aid and blowing smoke up my ass) and hopefully positive/enthusiastic about their line, why should I be even thinking of wanting to spend $ there? Apathetic prior to sale will likely show even less desire to work with me after. Anyway, they're a cool bike and I hope some success is realized within their sales numbers.

Cheers

Retired and loving it.
Gar
I am Evil Elmo

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: '06 supermoto; '10 barcolounger
GPS: Coal Country
Miles Typed: 371

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:54:18 pm »

Stop it. I already want one in the garage. Just stop it!

(Actually, there's a nearly 100% overlap with the Guzzi and the Guzzi has luggage and a bit more curb appeal, with standard sport-sized wheels and tires.)

Yeah, but what bout dealer network and parts availability?

MABKADD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal