Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me........  (Read 5435 times)

Pete Roper

Reputation 45

Motorcycles: Lots of Guzzis, Aprilia Mana.
Miles Typed: 420

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:21 am »

I'm within a bee's dick of pulling the pin on this, or one almost identical. It'll be my US ride. Yes I *know* a Mana GT is much more sensible.... but......

and no, I don't need a host of needledicks telling me its far too much bike for me. I know that. It's just that it is also insanely pretty, stupidly tiny and light and I'm in deep lust. Have been since I first played with one.

Pete

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

scottzilla

Reputation -56

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: CBR1100XX, 33hp oversized dirt bike, 08 Tuono
GPS: NY
Miles Typed: 8809

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:25 am »

It's too much bike for everyone. Bigsmile
As your spiritual advisor, I say buy. Smile

They're finding dead bodies where I ride.

The Wrath of Con Pt. 4 "One thing is for sure however, I will never publicly promote or let it be known that I am a member of STN again".
Castaway

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: '03 V-Strom
GPS: New York
Miles Typed: 1336

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:53:05 am »

Gorgeous!

I'd love to hear it - I haven't liked the look (and the extra noise) of 'shorty' cans, but everything looks sweet on that bike.

I've seen the truth, and it didn't make sense.
Advertisement

staedtler

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 996R (track)
GPS: Austin, TX
Miles Typed: 841

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:53:41 am »

... oh man, you're soo screwed... Bigsmile

meals are sensible...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:45:11 am by staedtler » Logged
Pete Roper

Reputation 45

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:35:35 am »

AF1 have their demonstrator with the 'Race' (Whatever that means??) ECU and a host of bling on it available too. Sure it's been thrashed mercilessly, that doesn't worry me, being owned by a fat old prick like me means it will be ridden to about 45% maximum of its performance! Lol It's also white, I loves 'em in white, they look even smaller! (NB. For those who are new to bikes or only understand 'Cruisers' in 'Real Motorbike-land' you pay lots of money for 'Light' and 'Tiny'. If you also get putridly obscene amounts of horsepower? That is a big bonus. But light and tiny, followed by superb suspension and idiotically strong and sensitive brakes are what you look at, even if the riding poisition cripples you!).

At the moment I can't walk without a stick! One of the few pleasures that doesn't actually cause me pain is riding, (Well climbing about hurts a bit but adrenaline helps with that!) and an RSV4 will be a chiropractor's dream bike. But really? Bollocks! We only live once!!!! I have a horrid feeling I've convinced myself.......... Rolleyes

Pete

PS. If you haven't had a chance to see one in the flesh an RSV4 is about the size of a very small dog. A Corgi or a Jack Russell. In comparison a Yammy R1 looks like a hoppopotamus!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:40:48 am by Pete Roper » Logged
birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4865

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:49:05 am »

Hold out till they offer snow tires with the purchase.

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
BobW

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: r1200rs
GPS: Morganton, NC
Miles Typed: 594

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »

You actually rode one!?!? Just listening to them makes my checkbook open on it's own. I refused a test ride because I know I would buy one despite my half crippled old body. Your done, no need to contemplate further, CONGRATS on the new V4, I'm officially jealous.

Cheers

Retired and loving it.
UFO

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

I'd hit it...if I had time to ride a motorcycle. Lol
Pete Roper

Reputation 45

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 06:39:29 pm »

You actually rode one!?!? Just listening to them makes my checkbook open on it's own. I refused a test ride because I know I would buy one despite my half crippled old body. Your done, no need to contemplate further, CONGRATS on the new V4, I'm officially jealous.

Cheers

Being 'In the Trade' and a long term 'Face' in the Canberra region I can get a ride on just about anything if I ask nicely. I'm also a Guzzi agent so anything in the Piagio line up is no big ask. Generally speaking full-on 'Sports' bikes don't 'Do It' for me simply because I know I haven't got the skills to do them justice. The vast majority of modern sports bikes are so far above tha capabilities of the average rider its hillarious to watch people posing on them. I've always ridden like a cross between Gumby and the grandfather of the oldest man in the world and feel no need to pretend otherwise. It doesn't alter the fact that I've been totally smitten by the RSV4. While I'll probably never ride it to more than half of its capability and, as a mate said, I'll look like a pig fucking a football when I'm on it Lol I do know it will be enormous fun, although the bills for the chiropractor and physiotherapy will cut down on the enjoyment a bit Rolleyes.

Biggest issue will be where I can carry my stick if my next bout of surgery doesn't work! Bigsmile I'm sure that while the wallopers are handcuffing me and throwing me in the back of the paddy-wagon after I've been stopped for going "a bit fast" they'll get a bit of a giggle out of me complaining "Don't forget me stick!!!!". There again they may just tazer me and hit me with the capsicum spray before dragging me off to the cells to beat me with telephone books!!!! Joyless bastards....

Pete
Marin Phil

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2013 BMW K1300S 30 Ann Ed. 2004 K1200GT-Not as finiky as the next gen GT, 2009 Triumph Sprint ST-sold. Pacific Blue.Sold both-2006 BMW K1200GT/ 2005 Ducati 999-the Italian Mistress
GPS: San Rafael, Ca.
Miles Typed: 94

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »

Go for it.  Riding a super bike always takes about 30yrs off my earth age.   Just have an ample supply of Motrin for the evening..

2009 Triumph Sprint ST  Pacific Blue-sold
2004 BMW K12 GT.  So much better than the '06 2nd gen GT.
2013 BMW K1300S-30 Ann Ed.
Medic09

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '76 Trident T160 (project), '78 Honda CB750K, '07 'Nord
GPS: Santa Fe, NM, USA
Miles Typed: 345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 01:14:51 am »

Go for it.  Riding a super bike always takes about 30yrs off my earth age.   Just have an ample supply of Motrin for the evening..

And a separate account to pay the speeding tickets that will just happen by themselves...  Headscratch
Pete Roper

Reputation 45

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:49:03 pm »

And a separate account to pay the speeding tickets that will just happen by themselves...  Headscratch

A mate in New England suggested that Aprilia ought to build a shredder into the top of the tank so you can simply feed your licence into it when you get pulled over!  Lol

Pete
Dean

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi EV '06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100
GPS: Hot Springs, Virginia U.S.A.
Miles Typed: 54

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 03:57:35 pm »

2010 Aprilia RSV4 R      MSRP $15,999.00 US $

Looks like a winner Pete, a lot of bike for the money.

Yeah, I like the white one too. Looked for a pic to upload of it.

Dean
Pete Roper

Reputation 45

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:55 pm »

A stupidly, monumentally, enormous, gargantuan amount of bike for the money. Far more motorbike than I could ever possibly need! That's half the fun though!!!

White one?

And they are SO tiny!!!!! Look at the pic and remember those are 17 inch wheels with fat tyres on. The thing is about the size of a doormouse and weighs about the same. Absolutely brilliant!!!! One of the few truly wonderfull things about being old, fat and astonishingly ugly is that you no longer give a shit whether you look like a complete plonker when you're on a bike, you can just get on with enjoying it! I reckon I could enjoy the RSV-4 a LOT, until the riding position puts me in hospital!!! Lol

Pete
BobW

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: r1200rs
GPS: Morganton, NC
Miles Typed: 594

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

Pete, the only thing that would be an inconvenience is the small tank and the bike's thirst for petrol. No big deal in some areas, but as you know there are some regions where there are many miles between stations. What is the best option, a couple of small  fuel containers or ??

I'm still drooling over the lovely motor, but my wreck of a body would need serious rehab on a X country ride. SEXY, SEXY, ride though and being able to walk upright is seriously over rated  Lol

Cheers

Retired and loving it.
Dean

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi EV '06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100
GPS: Hot Springs, Virginia U.S.A.
Miles Typed: 54

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 11:15:00 am »

Drooling on my keyboard now. I could never use all of that power but it would sure be fun to ride.

Dean

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal