Question: Are you going to the ESTN07 in Sparta
Yes, I'm signed up - 15 (40.5%)
Yes, Need to sign up - 9 (24.3%)
No - 7 (18.9%)
Maybe - 6 (16.2%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: ESTN07 - Who's Going?  (Read 6553 times)

sprint_st
Let the Wookie Win

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: 2014 FJR1300A
GPS: SC Upstate
Miles Typed: 2630

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:04:31 pm »

Just curious  Headscratch, made my reservations at Allegheny Inn yesterday and the guy said they were down to 7 rooms with 40 being reserved.  There are only 20 actually registered for the event.  Are YOU planning on going???

It AIN'T the destination, it's the RIDE!
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

servicerifle
Junior Post-Ho

Reputation -25

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 2867

My Photo Gallery

I DO MY OWN STUNTS!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:53:04 pm »

Those 20 "signed up" have 8 or 10 behind them...I know because I have gotten several registrations for 2 people (husbands and wives I assume).  

As much as everyone (especially me!) would love to know how many are coming, I doubt we will really know until May 18th.  Of course, registration still closes on May 1 and I will only have a few extra tees and the caterer will only have a little extra food for the stragglers, so who knows what will happen?  There are also quite a few "lurkers" who are coming...chances are they won't post or vote here.  

I think the best number we have will be what is posted on the first post on the ESTN thread.  I won't be surprised to see five or six more folks just show up...the remnants of the pre-hack STNers that never got back in touch.  Sad

FWIW according to the Alleghany Inn website (I have a secret code where I can see how many rooms are reserved for our group) there are 30 rooms reserved.  There were quite a few reserved before STN got hacked and I don't know how many of them are still coming yet.
Hmm, since I have their names on the AI site and I have the Paypal register, with a little work (MORE work, lol) I can mark folks off the list and try to figure out who hasn't registered yet...that might give me an idea of who got lost in our STN transition.

Update, ok, I have 12 names of people who have rooms but haven't registered yet.  That and a buck fifty will get me a cup of coffee.   Lol  

That's 12 rooms that may/may not be used.  Not sure what to do about that.  I see some names I recognize and I assume they will  be able to make it and will register in time, but there are others I don't know and have no idea how to contact them, tell them STN is back up, the meet is still planned, or anything else...yet their room is reserved.  If they don't show, and someone else wants to come but the hotel says no vacancy, that will suck.  Thanks goes to the hackers for screwing up the continuity here.   Mad2 Mad2 Mad2 Mad2 Mad2  

I admit this is something that's been keeping me up at night some (figuratively speaking).  I want to make sure I have enough food and shirts for everyone, but the loss of contact with those pre-hack people has me very concerned.

---- Another Update

I spoke to the AI manager and sent a list of the names that have reserved a room but I have not heard from.  We can get in touch with them so they'll be reminded that their credit card will be charged if they don't show or that they need to register.  According to the manager, there are some others who have not used the ESTN07 code and he will call all of them personally to try to figure out whether they are with us or with the wedding party and let me know about that, too.  He is close to selling out, but we agreed that it's possible he could have empty rooms and still be "sold out" due to the downtime of STN.  Thanks again, hackers.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:33:50 pm by servicerifle » Logged
JohnBoy
Runs with scissors

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '05 Sprint ST, '00 ZRX11
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 174

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 02:57:59 pm »

Alright....I just sent in my money, so I'm now officially comitted!!

Looking forward to this!!

Who needs a roomie for Fri and Sat?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
Advertisement

garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure / KTM 530 EXC
GPS: Southwestern PA
Miles Typed: 6036

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:25 pm »

Alright....I just sent in my money, so I'm now officially comitted!!

Looking forward to this!!

Who needs a roomie for Fri and Sat?

I DO! I have a non-smoking room with two double beds reserved. There has been some interest, but no one has committed yet. First come, first served!

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
JohnBoy
Runs with scissors

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '05 Sprint ST, '00 ZRX11
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 174

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:18:53 pm »

I DO! I have a non-smoking room with two double beds reserved. There has been some interest, but no one has committed yet. First come, first served!

I'm all over that spare bed!

Not sure of my plans for Friday, but I'll be there by dinner.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
sprint_st
Let the Wookie Win

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 03:29:36 pm »

Servicerifle,
That AI guy had me confused. When I got off the hook, I had visions of a mini-Daytona or Sturgis  Lol  Don't want to appear like I'm getting into your business.  You are doing a fantastic job on this and I'm sure we're going to have a great time.   The real reason I was worried was I was afraid that you would run out of T-shirts or Q.

servicerifle
Junior Post-Ho

Reputation -25

My Photo Gallery

I DO MY OWN STUNTS!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 04:18:13 pm »

Here's the way it works:
There is 1 t-shirt ordered for each person that pays for one, and one helping (large, I assure you) of dinner for the same.  Obviously if someone orders more, they get more.  When the time comes to place orders and registration is closed, there will be a little left over of course and that will temporarily cover a few extra tees and a little more Q.  Assuming we have a few party crashers, that money will come back and we'll make a very UNofficial beverage run (it is NOT coming from my pocket to the store and into your mouths...I am not going to be liable for someone else's stupidity  Lol)  If someone has a huge problem with this we'll figure out what your share is (a buck or so) and give it back, or buy some soda.  I do not plan on being "overran" by crash ESTNers.  No offense but I have been pimping this since September, have it on my sig line, and advertise it well, there's no excuse for a bunch of people just showing up wanting Q that haven't paid in advance.  I'm not paying for lots of extra Q and lots of extra T's for folks that haven't taken the time to register, and I don't think I should.  You do your part (register) and I'll do mine (get your food, T's, and some good roads to ride).

The guy at the AI is wiggin out.  Like I said, some folks didn't use the ESTN code, and some folks were pre-hack.  Both of those groups are unknown quantities with the manager.  He has a wedding group in at the same time, so he is trying to keep is stuff straight and see if he still has rooms or not.  

I just emailed a bunch of pre-hack room holders...we'll see if that gets us more info on their plans (just got the email back from the AI manager with email addresses and phone numbers).  I have a few calls to make too.

BTW, if anyone knows a Tom C. from Ripley Ontario, he needs to get in touch with me.  No email addy, no phone number, no way to contact him.  I don't want him to lose his money.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 04:30:31 pm by servicerifle » Logged
maddjack
UFO Pilot

Reputation 43

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys. the Goblin is gone.
GPS: McCandless township PA>
Miles Typed: 5189

My Photo Gallery

RIDE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:58:45 pm »

I have a room,I have registered(first one to do so Lol) so my ugly face will be there Twofinger
Hope all the pre hack people come on down (and Register Please!)

I occasionally attend some STN events    Wink
garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure / KTM 530 EXC
GPS: Southwestern PA
Miles Typed: 6036

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 05:08:33 pm »

I'm all over that spare bed!

SOLD! I no longer have a spare bed for ESTN. Still have a spare at Fontana Village for Sunday night if anyone wants to hit Deals Gap on the way home.

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
county
The thrill of speed, the image of danger

Reputation -630

Motorcycles: Blackbird & F650CS
GPS: Memphis, TN
Miles Typed: 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 05:19:24 pm »

I'm coming.  

It's true that Region 5 people get a pass on the registration fee because we'll enhance the rally, isn't it?

And, do we get a free room and meals?

Iron Butt Identification No. 22810.  BB1500   Bullet Bike rider
My dog can poo !
servicerifle
Junior Post-Ho

Reputation -25

My Photo Gallery

I DO MY OWN STUNTS!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 05:29:39 pm »

I'm coming.  

It's true that Region 5 people get a pass on the registration fee because we'll enhance the rally, isn't it?

And, do we get a free room and meals?

Keep thinking that way and you'll be watching the rest of us eat and parade around in our fancy t-shirts while you get nothing.  Ya gotta pay to play!   Lol
Flyer
Just put me back up on the bike.

Reputation 28

Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi Tre Volumetrica "Lampo Bianco", Kona NuNu "The Slug", Colnago C50 "La Spada di Cambiago", Kona Jake the Snake.
GPS: "O Canada, We Stand On Cars and Freeze"
Miles Typed: 6858

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 05:53:13 pm »

A wedding! Too cool. I'm gonna have to bring my fancy long-distance touring/dancing boots,
and a camera for some well lubricated photo-ops with wobbly-shoed bridesmaids...
 Inlove
...and if none of that pans out I too have a double/non smoking room to share.  Sad

“Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it".   Flannery O'Connor.
county
The thrill of speed, the image of danger

Reputation -630

Motorcycles: Blackbird & F650CS
GPS: Memphis, TN
Miles Typed: 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 06:00:31 pm »

Keep thinking that way and you'll be watching the rest of us eat and parade around in our fancy t-shirts while you get nothing.  Ya gotta pay to play!   Lol

Wow, ya'll are having a parade, that'll be great.  And a first for an ST.N rally.  What's the theme?

Iron Butt Identification No. 22810.  BB1500   Bullet Bike rider
My dog can poo !
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 162

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
GPS: Clemmons, NC
Miles Typed: 12029

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 08:58:28 pm »

A parade?  Cool, can we do it on those little bikes the Shriners use!?

Anyhow, I have a room and have already registered.  I know of four people (canban, Sarchi, WVRidgerider, and RideWV) who I plan on riding down with but have not registered yet according to the names posted in SR's first post in this link....

https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,233.0.html

So, I believe we'll have a nice crowd.  
mch

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2005 Sprint ST 1981 CB750F
GPS: Greensboro, NC
Miles Typed: 95

My Photo Gallery

Is there anybody out there?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 09:40:31 pm »

I'm going to be there but I still have to give SR some dough.

matt
rich_oh

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 03 cbr600rr, 08 versys
GPS: Steubenville, OH
Miles Typed: 209

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 11:10:17 pm »

i also have a room reserved (used the ESTN07 code) and i'm planning to be there.  as soon as my work schedule comes out (not anticipating a problem), i'll register.  i'll know way before May 1.  if something doesn't work out, i'll cancel the room and post up to let others know it's available.  i believe the AI only requires 72 hr. notice to avoid being charged.
02VFR
Escaped from Ohio

Reputation 12

Years Contributed: '07, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
GPS: Greenville, SC
Miles Typed: 216

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 08:19:57 am »

I am registered.  I have a room, used the ESTN07 code, I also paid for an extra t-shirt........
I have the time off from work, I am done with the winter maintenance on my bike and the weather is starting to get warm.

Is it May yet???
 Bigsmile
basco

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 09 BMW R1200 GSA
GPS: Colorado Springs, CO
Miles Typed: 3023

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 08:23:20 am »

I more than likely won't come. I got too many things planned around the same time.

STN Nationals: 09, 08, 06
ESTN: 07, 05, 04
R4: 04, 05 R3: 08
sprint_st
Let the Wookie Win

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 09:01:57 pm »

Just an FYI, there will be a Sunday night event somewhere in N.Ga.  Several of us either aren't going straight home or are passing through N.Ga on the way home. I'm voting for schnitzel, spaetzel and red cabbage in Helen, but I'll settle for pot luck in Suches.  Various routes have been discussed but nothing is anywhere near formal.

Flyer
Just put me back up on the bike.

Reputation 28

Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi Tre Volumetrica "Lampo Bianco", Kona NuNu "The Slug", Colnago C50 "La Spada di Cambiago", Kona Jake the Snake.
GPS: "O Canada, We Stand On Cars and Freeze"
Miles Typed: 6858

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 09:06:02 pm »

I'm voting for schnitzel, spaetzel and red cabbage in Helen...

If I find a good schnitzel, I may not go home...

“Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it".   Flannery O'Connor.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal