Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Ono you didn't. Oh yes I did tuono.  (Read 30888 times)

klavdy

Reputation -9

Motorcycles: 2003 Aprilia Tuono,(kept in America) 1993 YamahaFJ1200, kept in Australia,2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, kept in Australia,Kawasaki GTR 1400, Australia,2006 Yamaha AG200, kept in Papua New Guinea
GPS: AUSTRALIA
Miles Typed: 86

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:03 am »

G'Day mate!
Tiger 1050 boards too, eh?
I sure will do some vids, just scored two of those Drift 170 HD cams that are going to replace the Mini DV tape based system that's been used on the Tiger.
I've still got my Tiger and an FJ1200 in Aus,just replaced the U.S based FJ with the Tuono.
Should be good.

Riders lane split, drivers don't.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Croak

Reputation 17

Motorcycles: 03 Aprilia Tuono, '13 Kymco Agility City 200i
GPS: Is-Swieqi/San Ġiljan, Malta
Miles Typed: 1527

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 11:36:25 pm »

Somebody stop me.  Please?

Bought these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380337974353&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

and these (needed to make it work)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380337975330&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

(all of which came off of #198 of these:  http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/aprilia/aprilia_tuono_r%20LE%2003.htm )

to go with the Ohlins rear shock I bought last week.  Also ordered the proper "gentlemen of substance" springs for both front and rear.

Passed up on these though (which are a near perfect color match for my frame):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380337982011&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380337981555&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT

But it was either the functional and fashionable upgrade with the forks, or the appearance-only upgrade with the wheels (my blue wheels are the same wheels).

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:39:45 pm by Croak » Logged
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 2627

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 12:05:11 am »

Well, f*ck yeah!   I saw that tasty stuff on the interweb for stupid money, and you of all people scooped it up.  Excellent!   Clap

Now you know what to do with it.   Bigok  Go wear it out.

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
Advertisement

Croak

Reputation 17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 06:09:52 pm »

Weather finally held today after raining like hell all weekend (it's a Canadian holiday up here, Beaver Day or something).  Burned a tank and a half of fuel, and even got some decent phone camera pics of it, up on top of Cypress Bowl.   Really looking forward to getting the Ohlins rear and forks on it, with the proper springs.  It handles my fat arse decently with the stock bits, but wants to wallow more than I like on tight low speed stuff.  And the gold forks should raise the bling quotient up a bit.  Smile

Gabro F255 chip on the way, which should liven it up quite a bit, taking real advantage of the full 2-2 exhaust, and smoothing out throttle snatch too.

Since the last picture I posted, I added/replaced more farkles; note the black bar ends, titanium front sliders, black pegs, along with the carbon fiber coil and side covers (and non-busted grill).   Also removed the dead gold decal from the tail section (that was a pain), replaced the yellowed clear rear lenses with new red ones, and went with a gold DID 525 chain (and 15/42 to replace the old 16/40, that was a good upgrade, much snappier AND more manageable in town).  

Probably be adding a CF expansion tank cover and belly pan and calling it a done on bling.   Really.  Lol

BTW, anyone know if they make Dynabeads in lead (or depleted uranium)?  Might help keep that front tire down.  Smile
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 07:58:31 pm »

Lol   Yep, wheelies when you want it to...and sometimes when you don't.   Bigok

But that's the fun in it, right?   Banana

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
Croak

Reputation 17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 02:38:44 am »

Got the Ohlins bits installed today. Quite pleased with the results, even though we just did an eyeball sag setting (just me and the mechanic) for now.  The whole buckboard thing is gone, it's very supple and compliant, doesn't get unsettled in corners, all the usual Ohlins platitudes can be applied here.  Particularly happy with the improvement in the rear.

And that wheelie thing?  It's worse now, or better, depending on my mood.  With the proper rear spring for my lard mass, there's not so much squat when I give it the berries, so the front wheel lofts sooner and higher under power.  Still controllable, just more effortless.

EDIT: Quick and dirty indoor phone camera shots.  

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:59:26 pm by Croak » Logged
Croak

Reputation 17

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 12:39:48 pm »

While at the Borscht Burn, Mr. Zanetti  "coaxed" me into doing a little WOT fun for posterity. 

Unfortunately, I had no idea posterity would be so unflattering to my posterior.  Sad

First thought after backing off the throttle was "Damn, should have let the front end come up, would have looked awesome on video".  First thought on seeing the video was "Damn I like fried chicken and cheesecake too much".

Bubba nailed it though...it's more than a bit obnoxious, decibel-wise.
Dan K

Reputation 110

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '10 VFR1200F, '03 Aprilia Tuono RSV
GPS: North of Chicago (flat lands w/no twisties)
Miles Typed: 4219

My Photo Gallery

I'm only here to help. Really.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »

Resurrect -

I sold my Daytona in the fall and bought another '03 Tuono.  It also needed a little TLC, but it's been given and the bike runs like a champ.

Can't wait to play with it. Have a gabro chip in the garage, waiting for install, and plan to derestrict the exhaust...there's a method to it...prior to replacing the stock boat anchor.

Need to repair the heated grips.  Put new Q2's on it and WOW.  I am a happy man.  It's at a buddy's in storage, so I don't get to see it often, but I can't wait to get it back and play.

- Dan

Sometimes the only answer is defenestration. - Dan K
Pete Roper

Reputation 45

Motorcycles: Lots of Guzzis, Aprilia Mana.
Miles Typed: 420

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 12:56:38 am »

In my shop at the moment.

Every time I rode one, or even look at one, a bit of wee comes out......

Pete
expatbrit

Reputation 15

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '08 WR250X, '11 Mutleystrada S, ' 12 RC8R
GPS: 'Burque, NM
Miles Typed: 1401

My Photo Gallery

Not all who wander are lost. I probably am, though

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 10:17:13 am »

Oooh!

Gorgeous. I've seen apocryphal reports of maintenance nightmares on those -- any comment?

(I still need to mug Jim and steal his for a day at some point. Just to find out.)
Pete Roper

Reputation 45

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:11 pm »

All the V4's I've had anything to do with have been very reliable. One had a leaky coolant hose. One had a leaky oil seal on its clutch shaft.

The motor is one of the most elegant and simple designs available and the whole bike weighs so little you need to park it with a brick on the seat to stop it blowing away in a gentle breeze.

I adore them. They're just far too much motorbike for me to want to own one. I'd be dead or in gaol in a week!

Pete
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »

I adore them. They're just far too much motorbike for me to want to own one. I'd be dead or in gaol in a week!

Pete

Yeah, that's it right there.  What a fantastic bike.   Inlove  Like riding a guided missile, though.  Holy cow.   Cool Crazy Inlove

Pete Roper

Reputation 45

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 01:14:15 pm »

The owner of that one wrote his first one off within 2,000km!

I have to say I was a bit perplexed when he told me how it happened.

He was apparently riding a road he was unfamiliar with and 'Not hanging about', (That set alarm bells ringing!) but a few km before the end of the twisty bits the 'Speed advisory signs stopped'  EEK! and he went into a tightening radius bend too hot because he was 'Expecting the road to open up again' and tossed his brand new Tuono into the scrub.

I mean??? Who pushes hard on a road they don't know? If you are unfamiliar you at least do a couple of low speed passes before you attempt a flanking run but most of all  'Speed advisory signs'? These have zero consistency at the best of times! To pay them any attention as anything other than a bit of road furniture you might hit if you come off is a sure-fire recipe for a pine overcoat!

No wonder my insurance premiums are so high! Rolleyes

Pete
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal