Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Custer National Next Time  (Read 22250 times)

Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

Years Contributed: '06, '09
GPS: Redmond, Wa
Miles Typed: 7538

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 01:07:32 am »

And I was not saying there is anything wrong with virginia, as you were not insulting California  

I read virginia as "virgins"   Lol
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

zer0netgain

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 05:53:37 am »

I read virginia as "virgins"   Lol

So, how do you read "virgins?"  Headscratch Lol

Noteworthy trivia....Virginia was named in honor of Queen Victoria...who was a virgin.

maddjack
UFO Pilot

Reputation 43

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys. the Goblin is gone.
GPS: McCandless township PA>
Miles Typed: 5189

My Photo Gallery

RIDE

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 09:13:45 am »

If people would just suck their your pride and trailer the bikes to the meets, there wouldn't be any problems.  

couch

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

I occasionally attend some STN events    Wink
Advertisement

birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4861

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 10:08:10 am »

Noteworthy trivia....Virginia was named in honor of Queen Victoria...who was a virgin.

well she wasn't really ugly, and could execute anyone who displeased her, so who know if she really was,  I doubt anyone would talk.

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
Oxblood

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
GPS: Vancouver, BC
Miles Typed: 1101

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:47 pm »

Sonora sounds good to me. The topo looks amazing from the map I found. When is the WCRM next time round? Might have to run down to Sonora for it.
Andrew
If you think education is expensive try ignorance

Reputation 46

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: YA I got a few
GPS: Left Coast
Miles Typed: 4801

My Photo Gallery

May you hear the music as well

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 08:38:26 pm »

Sonora sounds good to me. The topo looks amazing from the map I found. When is the WCRM next time round? Might have to run down to Sonora for it.

The 2012 WCRM will be held in Sonora CA (as voted on by all 2011 WCRM attendees) Just need to pick a hotel/place to hang our hats at.

"Wild seeds grow in the sand and rock, may the four winds blow you safely home again"  GD
"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod, Big wheel turn by the grace of God Everytime that wheel turns round it's bound to cover a little more ground"
Oxblood

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 03:09:31 pm »

Um, I doubt it was named for Queen Victoria. The Colony of Virginia was founded by The London Company in 1607. over 200 years before Victoria was born. And unless you really believe in miraculous conception, the fact that Victoria and her husband, Albert, the Prince Consort had several children would kind of rule out Victoria being a virgin.
Oxblood

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 03:11:31 pm »

The 2012 WCRM will be held in Sonora CA (as voted on by all 2011 WCRM attendees) Just need to pick a hotel/place to hang our hats at.

I gathered it would be Sonora. But that does not address WHEN. I remember the discussion in Custer between you and Mr. Sunshine about when to hold it as well as where. Is there a concrete set of dates yet?
zer0netgain

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 03:31:32 pm »

Um, I doubt it was named for Queen Victoria. The Colony of Virginia was founded by The London Company in 1607. over 200 years before Victoria was born. And unless you really believe in miraculous conception, the fact that Victoria and her husband, Albert, the Prince Consort had several children would kind of rule out Victoria being a virgin.

You are correct.  It was Elizabeth I that I was thinking of.  

Andrew

Reputation 46

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 01:35:19 am »

I gathered it would be Sonora. But that does not address WHEN. I remember the discussion in Custer between you and Mr. Sunshine about when to hold it as well as where. Is there a concrete set of dates yet?

No the date for the 2012 WCRM is not set in stone YET. Tentatively the week after the National.

More details will follow ........

"Wild seeds grow in the sand and rock, may the four winds blow you safely home again"  GD
"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod, Big wheel turn by the grace of God Everytime that wheel turns round it's bound to cover a little more ground"
miles

Reputation 85

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: A couple of them.
Miles Typed: 13052

My Photo Gallery

Triangles are my favorite shape

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 02:02:59 am »

No the date for the 2012 WCRM is not set in stone YET. Tentatively the week after the National.

When it's nice and HOTT.

Three points where two lines meet
Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 02:32:04 am »

The weekend following is the 23rd/24th of June.
miles

Reputation 85

Motorcycles: A couple of them.
Miles Typed: 13052

My Photo Gallery

Triangles are my favorite shape

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 02:33:22 am »

Three points where two lines meet
Oxblood

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 03:30:15 am »

Thanks. I think next year I will do WCRM. Sonora looks like a fun area to ride in.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 81

Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15235

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:09 am »

The weekend following is the 23rd/24th of June.

And what do you have going on the weekend of the 23rd/24th?   Headscratch

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2011, 11:46:48 am »

And what do you have going on the weekend of the 23rd/24th?   Headscratch
Andrew wasn't sure what the weekend following the national was so I was saying when that is.
Andrew

Reputation 46

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »

Andrew wasn't sure what the weekend following the national was so I was saying when that is.

More like the date is not set (the week after the national could be a possibility)
The week after the national should have little snow left in the hills, maybe even HOT.
Truth be told I love riding the area around Fortuna, but lets face it A good New York Steak is mighty fine but would not like to eat one Every Day.
Change is good, and Maybe Rob & Gill will actually get to ride somewhere besides their backyards Bigok

beatnikmike
Same old Leftwinger

Reputation 11

GPS: Oregon 400 steps from the Willamette River
Miles Typed: 239

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2011, 03:09:25 pm »

I agree with Mr. Sunshine and others the Western National should be in the "West"  not the Mid West (Colorado). Like Mr. Sunshine said: "The idea of the rotation was to put a national close to people so they would go. Not having one near the west coast is not fair to the west coasters."

The Eastern National is generally within a few hundred miles of the Atlantic Coast is this not correct? It seems only fair that the Western National should be within the same parameters. Not a thousand miles from the Pacific coast (Montrose, CO.)  Would you have the next East Coast National in (St. Louis, MO.) which is more or less than a thousand miles from the Atlantic coast, "sure it's a distance from the East Coast, but it's a fun ride."!   Bigok

Other than that two cents.......  I have more... when planning a National or a Regional  one of the top concerns should be camping. The location should  include a nearby  campground, for those of us who like to camp and I like to camp.  

On the  subject of Sonora, Ca. it's a  great area with some great roads, to far south, but it's OK. (I would prefer Oregon)  I went through their last March going from Grass Valley to Oakhurst on Hwy. 49 which at times is one amazingly  hillacious steep and twisty road, it really gave me a workout.  I like the nearby town of Angels Camp and New Melones Lake has some nice campgrounds. Any meet in the area should be after all the mountain passes have opened.... just say'in.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 81

Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15235

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2011, 03:27:22 pm »

The Eastern National is generally within a few hundred miles of the Atlantic Coast is this not correct?  

The Eastern Seaboard is about 1,800 miles long. The West Coast is about 1,200. Just because you're near the Atlantic does not mean that you're near the National (just pointing out that some east coasters are not near a National no matter how close it is to the ocean)

Other than that two cents.......  I have more... when planning a National or a Regional  one of the top concerns should be camping. The location should  include a nearby  campground, for those of us who like to camp and I like to camp.  

I always made it a point to plan a National with camping nearby. I don't recall if I succeeded with Montrose, but I feel that the others were adequate. Or at least no one complained loud enough for me to hear Shrug

On the  subject of Sonora, Ca. it's a  great area with some great roads, to far south, but it's OK. (I would prefer Oregon)  

Headscratch
Why Oregon? Is it because you don't want to travel too far from home or because the roads are great?

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

GPS: Las Vegas, NV
Miles Typed: 13198

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 06:03:26 pm »

I thought that was for your WCRM announcement.

But yeah I guess those locations for a national could work.  Just wish Nevada had something. Smile

Shit, you and me both.

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal