Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Tire inflator  (Read 10511 times)

OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 293

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 08:53:34 am »

I could be wrong, but I think the Airman Sparrow only has the car-style 12V connector. If it had the battery leads, I'd have one in my pannier.

01 VFR- ftw
03 Aprilia Tuono- sold
02 DR650- see above 08 Versys- gonzo
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Chips

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: FJR, 600RR
Miles Typed: 481

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 11:26:56 am »

Quote from: OnlyVees;16822
I could be wrong, but I think the Airman Sparrow only has the car-style 12V connector. If it had the battery leads, I'd have one in my pannier.
From the pic, it looks like battery clamps are included. I would cut off the clamps and install an SAE connector to plug into my battery tender wire. Hmm, but the description says it has a cigarette plug. Either way, I'd remove it.
slowrider

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: FJR
GPS: Austin, TX
Miles Typed: 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 08:49:27 pm »

Quote from: Chips;17079
From the pic, it looks like battery clamps are included. I would cut off the clamps and install an SAE connector to plug into my battery tender wire. Hmm, but the description says it has a cigarette plug. Either way, I'd remove it.

Check here for cigarette/powerlet plug model. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1872/525/
Advertisement

Ant
Resident PB&J Hater

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2015 GTR1400, 2006 Bandit 650, 1982 Bonneville T140E (in need of rennovation!)
GPS: Cotswolds, UK
Miles Typed: 3957

My Photo Gallery

Si non confectus, reficiat

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 09:09:14 am »

Even with my new setup, space is/will still be at a premium. Smile

Just to go slightly off topic (don't worry - I'll bring it back again, honest!!) has anyone else noticed that not matter how many storage nooks and crannies you find or add (in the shape of tank bags and panniers etc) you will never ever have "enough" space for going on a trip. You always used to manage with a rucksack, then you got a tankbag and yet you still need more. Then a top box (my current stage), then you start looking at side panniers. Its a never ending vicious circle!

Anyway, back on topic - I've got a can of synthetic latex stuff for sealing the tyre from the inside. Bought a can for my mate to rescue him from work once and the stuff works wonders. The only problem is that while it pressurises the tyre somewhat it doesn't do a complete job. Fortunately that day we borrowed a foot pump off someone else at the office but if I was out in the wild blue yonder then I'm not sure it'd be quite up to scratch. I'm not convinced about these CO2 cartridges to be honest, just seems a lot of hassle compared to a small compressor? The trick is finding a compressor here in the UK that can fit in the premium space Wink Whatever that may be!
TRaGiK

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2002 FZ1
GPS: Central NC
Miles Typed: 621

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:58 pm »

I'm not convinced about these CO2 cartridges to be honest, just seems a lot of hassle compared to a small compressor? The trick is finding a compressor here in the UK that can fit in the premium space Wink Whatever that may be!

Hassle? How so? You screw the cartridge on, and fill the tire. How much easier do you want it? Smile

They work. My boss keeps one on his Electra Glide, and has used it. He said it works great.

To each his own tho. I'll keep the Co2 deal and my extra room!  Twofinger
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal