Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: WHY!!! must the Multistrada be so unreliable!  (Read 14355 times)

evilted

Reputation 17

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Fun ones.
GPS: Atlanta, GA
Miles Typed: 810

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 10:25:21 pm »

My only real complaint with my Multi is the keyless ignition / electronic steering lock:  It's a confidence sapping PoS system that detracts from an otherwise awesome motorcycle, all while serving no real need.  

But if mine ever cuts off while riding like UFO's did on him, and I survive such an episode, it will likely be my last Duc purely as a matter of principle (the principle being that I won't give a company careless enough to risk my life as an unofficial product beta tester another shot at trying to kill me for the sake of them continuing to appear cool and fashionable).

And my '05 Sprint was a rock too.  21k trouble free miles, many of them far from home.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

homonger77

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: Ducati 848
GPS: Just left of center.
Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »

If your afraid of a few problems you aint Duc material.
evilted

Reputation 17

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Fun ones.
GPS: Atlanta, GA
Miles Typed: 810

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 09:24:22 pm »

Well, if you've read the other MTS1200 related threads, you'd know that some of the posters to this thread have experienced more than "a few problems."

Welcome to the board.  Wink

Advertisement

SalsaShark

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '12 Aprilia Tuono v4r
GPS: SC (for now)
Miles Typed: 356

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 09:52:24 am »

It's not the "few" problems that worry me...

It's the "One" problem that happens over and over despite being serviced and recalled by Ducati numerous times that worry me.

If that doesn't make me duc material, then so be it. I'd rather be out riding...
Mike-H

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: KTM 530 EXC, YAMAHA XT250, HONDA CB1100F, DUCATI 900SS FE, YAMAHA FJR 1300
GPS: Ontario, Canada
Miles Typed: 3304

My Photo Gallery

Aspiring back to a dirt donk

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 10:43:20 pm »

It's not the "few" problems that worry me...

It's the "One" problem that happens over and over despite being serviced and recalled by Ducati numerous times that worry me.

If that doesn't make me duc material, then so be it. I'd rather be out riding...

And that's why riding older stuff is so much better.......no BS electronics......mechanical things can be fixed.......no diagnostic plug ins needed.....

"Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, & his many accomplishments - still owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil & the fact that it rains".... Anonym
SummerLove

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Ducati M750 (Gone) Ducati MTS 1000 DS (Dev!)
GPS: San Fransico Bay Area
Miles Typed: 107

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 03:17:19 am »

And that's why riding older stuff is so much better.......no BS electronics......mechanical things can be fixed.......no diagnostic plug ins needed.....

Instead you go no replacement parts, tracking down used ones on fleabay, sorting through the busted used ones for the good ones.. oh and fucking with the springs and black magic that are carburetors.
Mike-H

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: KTM 530 EXC, YAMAHA XT250, HONDA CB1100F, DUCATI 900SS FE, YAMAHA FJR 1300

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 04:40:14 pm »

Instead you go no replacement parts, tracking down used ones on fleabay, sorting through the busted used ones for the good ones.. oh and fucking with the springs and black magic that are carburetors.

I can go along with everything except the black magic stuff....me da was teaching me carb mods & repairs back in the early 60's when I was a wee lad....& now all my neighbors & acquaintances attempting their own restorations show up when they need help.....even some of the shops here where I live call or stop by.....a disappearing skill set unfortunately Sad.....& there's still tons of carbs being used out there  

"Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, & his many accomplishments - still owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil & the fact that it rains".... Anonym
fishhuntride

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 85

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »

I have 12,000 miles on my MTS1200S (my first Duc BTW) and I had a few issues early on but all were fixed under warranty and none kept me from riding.  There isn't another bike out there that I'd want as a replacement.  I sold a 2005 Sprint ST and while it was a good bike, I sure as heck don't miss it.  And I tested the SMT before buying the Duc and it was OK fun but, if I wanted to remember what the engine felt like, I could always run my Multistrada in 100hp mode.   Wink  
Bottomdog

Reputation -1

Motorcycles: 2001 Roadking Classic, 2011 Multistrada 1200 touring
Miles Typed: 38

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

I've got a 2010 1200S Touring now with 21,000+ miles, no failures.
I'd by a third in a second, nothing makes me smile that that bike does.

I've not had one issue and I got my 2011 in November of 2010. ride it daily and year round and it has 12 on er.
Mike-H

Reputation 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

& some people have the nerve to say Italian bikes aren't addictive......who could believe that couch rofl

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal