Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: NEW Ducati, BMW, Triumph Dealer  (Read 9138 times)

happybusa
I am what I am. moto-addicted.

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: FJR, Vee Strom, Tiger900
GPS: Orange, MA
Miles Typed: 228

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 07:41:54 am »

Denny,
What you say about negativity might be true.
Persons who disagree will speak out more than
someone who silently nods their head.
Yep,(nodding)
We all agree to disagree.

Good Luck and
Hard Work to
Gengras Moto.

Sully

A good friend will help you move, A best friend will
help you move bodies.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Moo_Vin
Whoosh!

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: 2000 BMW K1200LT, 1988 Harley Sportster
GPS: Hartford, CT
Miles Typed: 97

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 09:43:00 am »

Hi,

Took a ride to Gengras BMW yesterday afternoon.  Nice facility, the first thing I noticed was the covered parking for bikes.  The salesman saw me parking the bike, came out and chatted for a while.  Got a tour of the facility, was introduced to Mr. Gengras who happened to be there at the time.   I was a Canton Cycles customer and it's nice to see Don and (geez, I can't remember the guy's name now) have come over to Gengras.  They always did right by me in Canton and they know their BMW's.

Asked about the classes, the salesman said that they were in the planning stages and were going to start after the holidays.  He also said that they're planning meet-and-greet mixers and movie nights for customers.  Sounds like an interesting idea.   I was there probably 45 minutes and it was a steady stream of people stopping by and checking it out.  Overall, I was impressed.

They had a beautiful used 2006 K1200S on the floor, yellow and black, 250 miles.  I'm going back for a test ride really soon!

Above all, you've got to want it.
Darkrider

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 02 Ducati Monster 750IE Dark
GPS: Central CT
Miles Typed: 121

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 09:25:47 pm »

I was there yesterday.

Nice place although they are still putting on the finishing touches.

I saw Doug, whom I have ridden with quiet a few times and meet most of the other staff also.

The bike classes would be great, so please push that if you can Doug.

Meet and greet mixers, Movie nights, and that sort of thing would be great too.

Lets hope Gengras becomes all that and a bag of chips.  I hope so, seeing that 4 people I know now work there. Smile

Tom.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:33:33 pm by Darkrider » Logged
Advertisement

grlryder

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2005 Buell XB12Scg
Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 08:37:11 pm »

Cruised there tonight.  Very nice place.  Lots of room and plenty of bikes in stock.  Service and parts area, accessories, are rider friendly.  I can only imagine that this place will be rockin come Spring.  

I ride an 05 Buell XB12S, but used to ride an 03 BMW 650GS, and while I dont see myself parting with the XB, this visit reminded me that BMW riders are pretty special!  Friendly, respectful ~ this place my just be my home away from home.  Thumbsup
ST3Andy

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2004 Ducati ST3, 2008 Husqvarna TE610, Both red, of course.
GPS: Tolland, Ct.
Miles Typed: 211

My Photo Gallery

Somewhere in Austria

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 08:39:51 am »

Hey Guys, thanks for all the kind words. At the dealership, Andy is one of the salesmen, dark hair , polish accent.Thats not me. Most of you know me as Andy, but I'll be using Andrew at the dealership to avoid confusion.Tall thin, dark blonde hair. Please make it a point to stop in and say hi.

To answer some of the gear questions, yes we will be selling all of the brands riding gear and we will be adding the Rev-It line of gear also. They are out of Holland. BCM in New Hampshire is also a Rev-It dealer.

The Gengras people know how to run a dealership and know how to take care of their customers. Have you ever been to one of there openhouses at the HD Store? Cookouts, bands in the parking lot. I can only expect some great customer related functions at the new store.

The new Tigers are not due till Feb.-March. As of Sat. we have taken deposits on 2 1098's. We are only getting 8. 5 red, 2 yellow and one Tricolor. Hypermotards we are getting 10. We have deposits on 2 of those also. We should have the Tricolor in early Feb for the launch open house so keep an eye on the website for updates. www.gengrasmotorcycles.com

Hope to see you all soon.
CPB
Rounder

Reputation 13

GPS: East
Miles Typed: 77

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 11:52:02 am »

Sir Andrew!  Best of luck with the new sales gig.  Looks like we have to plan more Sunday rides next year.

Good to hear about the Rev-it line.  Have some cold weather Rev-it gloves and they work quite well.  I'll be in to check out the suits and to harass you.  Lol

Chris
DennyMoto
Sport-Geezer

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 27

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 05:41:10 pm »

To answer some of the gear questions, yes we will be selling all of the brands riding gear and we will be adding the Rev-It line of gear also. They are out of Holland. BCM in New Hampshire is also a Rev-It dealer.

Excellent.  I bought a pair of perforated gloves last summer, excellent.  I've been wanting to check out their jackets.  I'm looking forward to what Gengras will do with the new franchises.  They do know how to run a dealership ... and I expect these will be no different.
ST3Andy

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Somewhere in Austria

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 05:25:33 pm »

Thanks for stopping in STalker. Sorry I didn't recognize you at first. Good to see you man.

FYI  The 5 red standard 1098 we are getting all have deposits.We have 2 standard in yellow, 1 red 1098s and one tricolor s left for deposits.
Darkrider

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 09:56:55 pm »

Damn the 1098's are selling like hotcakes. Thumbsup

Keith,
if your thinking about one, it may be time to move soon.

Andy,
When are the Hypermotards arriving?

Congrads on the new job btw.

Tom.
marc11

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '09
Motorcycles: 14 R1200RT - 02 XR400r
GPS: Orange County, NY
Miles Typed: 2743

My Photo Gallery

I drank the Kool-Aid; it gave me the runs.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 10:24:22 am »

Damn the 1098's are selling like hotcakes. Thumbsup

Keith,
if your thinking about one, it may be time to move soon.

Andy,
When are the Hypermotards arriving?

Congrads on the new job btw.

Tom.

I was over at Cliffs a couple of weeks ago, heard the dealer on the phone saying to someone that his entire allocation of 1098's were already sold (via deposit).  I know of a couple of other people that put deposits down on them with BCM.  Yep, they are selling, I HOPE Ducati builds a winner and not a lemon.

From the North East?  Check out: www.northeastsporttouring.com
ST3Andy

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Somewhere in Austria

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 06:53:23 pm »

Darkride, Hypermotards are not due until April. We are getting 10. 8 Standards and 2 S's. We have a deposit on one black S so far.

Just had a call today on the Tri color 1098. Guy wants to trade in his 04 Mille Factory with 1500 miles on it. He 's stopping in tomorrow.
STI-51

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 176

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 12:39:18 am »

Doug and Andrew,

I just came across this thread and would also be interested in taking the classes.  I actually purchased my bike last May from Gengras.  I felt kind of like a Guinea pig so to speak as the Duc dealership was fairly new then!  I'll have to stop down sometime and say hello.  Keep us posted about the classes.

2006 Ducati ST3S (Black)
Darkrider

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 09:22:07 pm »

I stopped by to see Andrew at Gengras Motorsports today.  He was busy as usual.  

Andrew was trying sell a bike to a 20 year old guy (New rider, first bike).  At first, the guy looked at a Ducati 1098.  Andrew asked him about the cost of insureance?  The guy said the insureance quote was a LITTLE high but he tought he could swing it.   Headscratch  A true optimist. Thumbsup

The guy than started looking at a Triumph 675.  

I did miss a little of the converation as I looked around. I hopefully didn't F' up the story too much.  The thought of a 20 year old, new rider, with a Ducati 1098.  GREAT COMBO. EEK!  "CLEAR THE STREETS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY"

The Gengras showrooms really look great and Andrew says more gear and goodies are still coming.

Now Gengras just has to update their web page, have lots of fun events to bring us in during the year, and have a a hugh sale every few months or so.  This way I can save up money for the items I want.

A Grand Opening party and sale would be a great first start.

Please pass this post on to the powers that be Andrew.

I will stop by on a Saturday next Andrew.  You know, when the place is quiet and empty. Razz

I also met Mike the Business Manager.  Nice guy with lots of stories.

Tom.
ST3Andy

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Somewhere in Austria

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 03:06:35 pm »

The Tiger 1050's are here. Awsome looking bike. Really comfortable seating position. Great motor. We are down to 2 1098's. The Tricolor and one yellow standard. 1098 launch open house Sat Feb. 10. We will have a 1098 here. Our red S which is sold. Stop in and say hi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal