Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Waterman pub in the Midlands  (Read 2217 times)

Ant
Resident PB&J Hater

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2015 GTR1400, 2006 Bandit 650, 1982 Bonneville T140E (in need of rennovation!)
GPS: Cotswolds, UK
Miles Typed: 3957

My Photo Gallery

Si non confectus, reficiat

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2007, 04:01:37 pm »

Anyone in the Midlands (specifically Warwickshire, I know there are one or two of us here!) go to the Waterman pub meet near Hatton Locks (not a million miles outside Warwick)? Went for the first time today, ridiculous number of bikers there! BBQ and stuff on the grass, hundreds of bikes of all descriptions (super sport, harleys, tourers, off-road etc). Pretty cool experience, am looking forward to getting to know some of the people there - seem like a good bunch of people.

Every Wednesday at the Waterman! Bring a friend  Bigok
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Maltese_Wizard
European Wanderer

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: Vulcan 1600 Classic
GPS: Warwickshire
Miles Typed: 81

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:01:20 am »

Hi Ant,

I live about 8 miles from there, I went past on my bike last night but on the way elsewhere, seems to be picking up again. I used to go there quite alot but haven't been up there this year.

Are you local then?

Rob

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid !!
-----------------------------------------------
Kawasaki - VN1600 Classic : )  Honda - GL1500E Goldwing  Yamaha - XV1600 Custom Fat-Boy (Black
Ant
Resident PB&J Hater

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2015 GTR1400, 2006 Bandit 650, 1982 Bonneville T140E (in need of rennovation!)
GPS: Cotswolds, UK
Miles Typed: 3957

My Photo Gallery

Si non confectus, reficiat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:31:40 pm »

I live near the University of Warwick in Coventry and I work in Fen End (near Balsall Common) at the Prodrive facility there. What time did you go past last night? If that was only "picking up" then I'd love to see it when its gotten into full swing!!
Advertisement

Maltese_Wizard
European Wanderer

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: Vulcan 1600 Classic
GPS: Warwickshire
Miles Typed: 81

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:14:27 am »

I went past when it was quieter, i went North at about 6:00pm and then back past going South at around 9:30pm.

A few years ago when I would say it was at it's biggest, they had the carpark full, the top bit of grass full and the field that the pub look over was nearly full too. there's always been a lot of disputes about it from the neighbors etc and sometimes you'll see the miserable sods standing by the road with their camcorders filming bikes go past to send to the local MP... no better time to pop it up onto the back wheel or give some 'friendly' gesticulation IMO.  Wink

The police started sending 2 wheeled patrols up there to mingle with everyone but as you would imagine, they could find nothing to report back and certainly no cause to put a stop to the event. more often than not you'd find them being amused by the nutters pulling up to the pub doing rolling endo's and letting people play with their well equiped patrol bikes.  Lol

Anyway, must go, I'm off to get my new Bridgestone's fitted  Smile

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid !!
-----------------------------------------------
Kawasaki - VN1600 Classic : )  Honda - GL1500E Goldwing  Yamaha - XV1600 Custom Fat-Boy (Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal