Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Why My Harley is So Much Better Than Your Bike  (Read 30477 times)

DrD
[eom]

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '15 BMW S1000R
GPS: Reston, VA
Miles Typed: 1502

My Photo Gallery

Just passing by

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 10:20:49 am »

why yes....  we so do.

on a flipside, don't care what they ride, just that they actually ride and not waste all day at the bar. Burning daylight.....  i can't stand poker runs that are just drinking runs. I'm here to ride, Folks!!

I am obliged to mention this:

Dot's cousin, Kurt, lives in upper state NY, about mid-state.  Each year he rides his HD (I can't recall the model, but big, two wheel tourer) down to DC for the Rolling Thunder thing with his wife on the back.  He says he would like to go on longer rides, but he can't get enough time off from work.  BTW, his right leg is artificial.

Kurt rides.   Thumbsup

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

black hills

Reputation 58

GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 12:31:47 pm »

I'm going on one tomorrow.. it's for a great cause and I will have fun with ta lot of old friends, but seriously 9:30-5:00 to do 153 mi. at least there are steaks and beer at the end Bigsmile

So I have to give the HD guys credit. Sure it took 6 1/2 hours to go 150 miles, but:
nobody drank until the last stop, everyone had 1 there.
back in town they had transportation to take you from your hotel/cabin to the social
Everyone was smiling and laughin the whole day
240 people raised $30,000 for the accident victims fund!!

they might not be as bad as you think Headscratch

Disclaimer:
in the spirit of STN HD bashing I have to disclose the fact that one HD broke down (there was a chase vehicle with a trailer to pick it up) one lady dumped her sportster on some road construction gravel, and there were several people I was scared to ride anywhere near and couldn't beieve more didn't crash Crazy

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
stevent
Aging Cafe` Racer

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: '10 K1300GT
GPS: near Tacoma, Wa.
Miles Typed: 1703

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 03:12:52 pm »

Shamelessly stolen!

Real Motorcycling

Stalking the mean streets. Heading a posse deep into the badlands. Carrying the flag for all America in uncertain times. Enforcing good old-fashioned values. Purging the roadhouses of squids and posers. Sitting tall and righteous in the saddle.

Brawny, confident men with a down-to-earth honesty, just like their machines. No need for endless chattering when a couple well-placed fists will set the record straight. No need for a buzzy mess of tiny cylinders when a massive V-Twin does the job in staggering style. Men who wear the same colors as they did yesterday and will tomorrow, instead of fashions and loyalties that are translated from a foreign language and change like the wind. Rough and tumble men who have the force and might to prevail against any odds.

Motorcycles with the torque to twist any atrocity cycle into a pretzel and squash their riders into raw sewage. Engines of iron, pushrods and roller bearings. Power bands as broad as the muscle and pride of the riders. Wheels with spokes, fenders of steel and saddles of leather. The ripping thunder and roar that has become a second national anthem. A sound of authority, of anger and of the power of real men. Men who have earned the respect and awe of all America. Riding machines that define what motorcycling is all about.

You either fit in here, or you watch real life pass you by.

-The Highwayman__________
'twas a great troll perpetrated on ADv by a talented soul.

Reading that gave me an erection.

Carpe` Throttleum - Loud Suits Save Lives -

"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"
Advertisement

Mr.Black

Reputation 153

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: '08 GSF1250
GPS: 01543
Miles Typed: 18512

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »

Reading that gave me an erection.

Reading this gave me an erection

Sig lines used to be fun.
Geno

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: '15 Aprilia Caponord
GPS: Northern California
Miles Typed: 22

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »

That's pretty sick. I wonder how it would look on my ST1300? I could put Velcro on it so I can attach it to my Versys too.  Bigok

If I could find one of them with chrome tits, my life would be complete Smile
beavis

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: Harley
Miles Typed: 21

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2012, 09:08:26 am »

Apparently you peckerheads didn't comprehend my first post here. Let me reiterate; "My Harley is Much Better Than your Bike". Now that you all are in awe of my renegade, badass, skull adorned, shirt sleeves with flames self, let me explain the difference between you and me. You wear "all the gear, all the time" and I wear jeans (now chromed), leather, lots of skulls everywhere and flames on my shirt sleeves. It's pretty obvious who the slave to fashion is here. And then there is my bike. My Harley puts out 120 horse power. How do I know that? Because a guy I know who said his Harley, which is a Road King like mine, puts out 100 horse power (it has the "twin cam roller bearings" upgrade) and I beat him in a race. Well, it wasn't really a race, as such, but I did a better job of keeping up with traffic. My bike is badass. Your bikes. . . oh, Lord, where do I start. Your bikes are just plain inferior. I remember one time some punk on a Hayabusa thought his bike was badder than mine. He pulled up to me at a stop light, looking like a dog humping a football, and began revving his engine. Well, when the light changed, I unleashed all of the torque from that big v-twin and got my rear tire to squeal. He was so intimidated that he just sat there and shook his head. I actually felt so bad that, moments later, when he  wheelied past me, I decided not to give him anymore (why make him feel worse than he already felt).

In my next post I'm going to tell you all about my vest. It's got an eagle on it.
TBone
Not an Asshat

Reputation 28

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: Bikeless in NJ
GPS: Pequannock, N.J.
Miles Typed: 3447

My Photo Gallery

There is no you, there is only me

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:58 am »

I get all squishy inside imagining that vest.

Please hurry.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're so hard to verify." - Abraham Lincoln
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2012, 10:11:38 am »

Apparently you peckerheads didn't comprehend my first post here. Let me reiterate; "My Harley is Much Better Than your Bike". Now that you all are in awe of my renegade, badass, skull adorned, shirt sleeves with flames self, let me explain the difference between you and me. You wear "all the gear, all the time" and I wear jeans (now chromed), leather, lots of skulls everywhere and flames on my shirt sleeves. It's pretty obvious who the slave to fashion is here. And then there is my bike. My Harley puts out 120 horse power. How do I know that? Because a guy I know who said his Harley, which is a Road King like mine, puts out 100 horse power (it has the "twin cam roller bearings" upgrade) and I beat him in a race. Well, it wasn't really a race, as such, but I did a better job of keeping up with traffic. My bike is badass. Your bikes. . . oh, Lord, where do I start. Your bikes are just plain inferior. I remember one time some punk on a Hayabusa thought his bike was badder than mine. He pulled up to me at a stop light, looking like a dog humping a football, and began revving his engine. Well, when the light changed, I unleashed all of the torque from that big v-twin and got my rear tire to squeal. He was so intimidated that he just sat there and shook his head. I actually felt so bad that, moments later, when he  wheelied past me, I decided not to give him anymore (why make him feel worse than he already felt).

In my next post I'm going to tell you all about my vest. It's got an eagle on it.

Ok, sweetie.

Oh, I found a pic of you.

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
sammyseaman
AH3

Reputation 206

Motorcycles: 1 1/2
GPS: Grand River Valley
Miles Typed: 9855

My Photo Gallery

Владимир Константинов

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2012, 10:34:33 am »

Reading this gave me an erection

Reading how his erection gave you an erection doesn't give me an erection. And that  Sad me

"Warm them with your breath or in your hand then insert them to a comfortable depth." ~Mr. Black~
"Polar bears can't jump." ~black bear~
black hills

Reputation 58

GPS: Rapid City, SD
Miles Typed: 5769

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2012, 12:27:07 pm »

so does awesomeness come with the bike or is it an option?

'04 CBR1000rr '09KTM300exc '11 990Adventure R
the above opinion is simply that of an average middle aged hick with one too many brain injuries... or, don't take it too serious.
stromgal
Lone Rangerette

Reputation 27

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: FJ-09, WeeStrom
GPS: West Lake Michigan
Miles Typed: 4577

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2012, 02:41:58 pm »

All those erections with no place to go.....  

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  -Douglas Adams
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2012, 02:43:32 pm »

I remember those days.  Sad

Life is better now.  Bigsmile

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
stromgal
Lone Rangerette

Reputation 27

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: FJ-09, WeeStrom
GPS: West Lake Michigan
Miles Typed: 4577

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2012, 04:27:15 pm »

Thumbsup Thumbsup

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  -Douglas Adams
Mr.Black

Reputation 153

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »

I'll make more!! :leghump:

Mr.Black

Reputation 153

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2012, 08:21:44 pm »

Don't the flies buzzing around your ol' ladies va-jj kind a make you go ew?

beavis

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 03:37:59 am »

Don't the flies buzzing around your ol' ladies va-jj kind a make you go ew?

OK, you can have her back.
beavis

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 03:58:46 am »

so does awesomeness come with the bike or is it an option?

Of course it comes with the bike, nimrod, but you can always add more! It's just how much Harley you buy will determine how awesome you become. When I bought my Harley I told the salesman that money was no object as long as the payment was affordable. I wanted all the awesomeness that Harley could offer. He said "I have just the bike for you" and showed me a Road King. I said a Road King is good but kind of common. He then proceeded to tell me why this one was so different. "You see" he said, " "This Road King is a little known special version. There are no cheesy name plates or stickers on this special model. For the extra $3,000 over the base model you will get the very unique "Squealing Beagle" edition with extra shiny exhaust pipes". I couldn't see a difference but he assured me it was there. I asked him "did the chrome make it faster" and he responded "of course". I asked him where I would be on the "awesome meter" on this machine and he said "you would be at the very top of awesomeness". Needless to say, I didn't hesitate. Extra speed and awesomeness clear to the top; well worth it.
Mr.Black

Reputation 153

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 07:27:17 am »

OK, you can have her back.

Nah. Yer mums more than I can handle.

beavis

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 05:10:16 am »

Nah. Yer mums more than I can handle.

Whatever you say, son.
beavis

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:33 am »

Breaking news! I have just added a second American flag to my Harley. That and I just purchased a second black "Never forget" "MIA" do-rag. Starbucks, here I come!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal