Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print

Topic: The "I'm going to Weaverville June 8-9" thread. Post here if you plan to make it  (Read 62202 times)

endo
Huh?

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '08, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: ZZR1200
GPS: Carson City, NV
Miles Typed: 1255

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:49 pm »

See you Sat Endo ....

Hot here in Grants Pass. Wish I did not take off my lower fairing ... I see online that this brings heat to the legs. Yes it does. No complaints though I love riding down here.
Thumbsup

I live just north of the secret Valley of Tall Gears, where 90 is a casual Sunday drive and 75 feels like an endless school zone.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

rc30boy

Reputation 11

GPS: Southern Oregon, USA
Miles Typed: 205

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2013, 08:06:54 pm »

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and you can tell I am a contrarian by the way I saw all of you on Saturday and I was going the other way...so there!  Just trying to keep the deer away from viffergyrl is all.  Anyway, home in one piece, next purchase is aftermarket rear shocks for the scrambler....
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

Motorcycles: 99 Honda VFR 800 2001 Ducati ST4
GPS: 1 hour northwest of LA-LA Land....
Miles Typed: 1300

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2013, 11:32:29 pm »

So I had two does cross my path - one on Forest Road 1 after we saw you and one on 36. I'm staying away from you. Lol

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

1999 Honda VFR 800 (the Vixen) 2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)
Advertisement

rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2013, 12:30:34 am »

EEK!  I went the other way, they were supposed to follow me....  Well I tried...  Made 350 miles riding home, did a lot of forest road and loved it, thanks for the heads up on Forest 1, great views, nice and cool.  I did stop and swim in the Klamath River, I was dry 10 minutes later, felt good at the time though.
Tyler

Reputation 31

Motorcycles: 2013 CanAm Spyder
GPS: Santa Clara, CA
Miles Typed: 650

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

Sorry to hear some of you may not be coming.  Sad

Y'know that "little voice" that speaks to you upon occasion... the one that tells you something isn't right? While the heat was a really big factor in my not choosing to go, there was something else but I wasn't sure what it was but I've learned to listen to that voice.

On Friday, my mum had a TIA (mini-stroke) which, gratefully, resolved by itself with no permanent damage. Still pretty scary... I was able to go up and visit with her (she lives near Placerville) over the weekend. It was good quality time and we had a heart-to-heart about some changes that she needs to make (diet/exercise). She's only 76 and if she changes her habits, she's still got lots of years left.

While I was bummed not to be there this weekend, I was really glad to be there for my mum. There will be other rides but family is precious. Hoping everyone had a spectacular time and I hope there will be another one soon and "the voice" is silent. Wink
Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

Years Contributed: '06, '09
GPS: Redmond, Wa
Miles Typed: 7538

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2013, 12:53:05 am »

Y'know that "little voice" that speaks to you upon occasion... the one that tells you something isn't right? While the heat was a really big factor in my not choosing to go, there was something else but I wasn't sure what it was but I've learned to listen to that voice.

On Friday, my mum had a TIA (mini-stroke) which, gratefully, resolved by itself with no permanent damage. Still pretty scary... I was able to go up and visit with her (she lives near Placerville) over the weekend. It was good quality time and we had a heart-to-heart about some changes that she needs to make (diet/exercise). She's only 76 and if she changes her habits, she's still got lots of years left.

While I was bummed not to be there this weekend, I was really glad to be there for my mum. There will be other rides but family is precious. Hoping everyone had a spectacular time and I hope there will be another one soon and "the voice" is silent. Wink

Before I read the rest of your post I was gonna call you a pussy as it was only 102.  (I didn't go cause I just had a kid)....

But now...now I want to say I'm glad it wasn't worse and I hope your Mother has a long fruitful life!
miles

Reputation 85

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: A couple of them.
Miles Typed: 13032

My Photo Gallery

Triangles are my favorite shape

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2013, 04:20:30 am »

It was only 102.  Then it got hotter. 109 degrees on Friday, as a matter of fact.

Three points where two lines meet
mcrider007

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2014 FJR-ES, 2012 S10, 2010 C14A
GPS: Kennewick, WA
Miles Typed: 350

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2013, 05:48:19 pm »

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and you can tell I am a contrarian by the way I saw all of you on Saturday and I was going the other way...so there!  Just trying to keep the deer away from viffergyrl is all.  Anyway, home in one piece, next purchase is aftermarket rear shocks for the scrambler....

It was nice seeing you again Wade, don't forget about that Super Tenere test ride.  Bigok
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:31 pm »

Thanks, I hope your ride home was a good one.  As always, today the weather in this corner of the US is perfect, 15 degrees off the weekend...
Andrew
If you think education is expensive try ignorance

Reputation 46

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: YA I got a few
GPS: Left Coast
Miles Typed: 4801

My Photo Gallery

May you hear the music as well

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:55 pm »

Arrived home last evening (not sure of time but maybe 6:30pm)

Had a fun time and great to see all  Bigok

Thanks to Explorer for a fun but dusty ride  Thumbsup

Robert & Trina:  Always good to hang with friends, Thanks

To all who attended  Bigok Sure is good to see all you, even if it is once a year

I look forward to sitting around in cheap chairs, beside cheap motel rooms drinking and reliving tails and lives

So where is the WCRM.5????

"Wild seeds grow in the sand and rock, may the four winds blow you safely home again"  GD
"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod, Big wheel turn by the grace of God Everytime that wheel turns round it's bound to cover a little more ground"
owrstrich
^TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker

Reputation 6

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: RS MOTOBRICK GLIDE
GPS: Dodge County
Miles Typed: 314

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2013, 11:59:58 pm »

universal deer in the road signal...

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/owrstrich/2013/13-06-08%20Hood%20Vista/072_zps04dbb480.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/owrstrich/2013/13-06-08%20Hood%20Vista/071_zpse68e606b.jpg

j o

MOTOBRICK.COM ~ BMW K75 K100 K1 K1100 Forum by ^Quintessential Motobrickers for ^Motobrickers of Earth
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal