Yessir and I bit him back - 19 (21.3%)
I have no idea - 3 (3.4%)
It wuz asn accident - 0 (0%)
I was the perp - 3 (3.4%)
Yes. Not fun. - 48 (53.9%)
Total Voters: 89

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: ever been subjected to road rage?  (Read 11919 times)

Mac
Yeehaw, Texas!!

Reputation 40

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: none
GPS: Dallas, Tx.
Miles Typed: 7823

My Photo Gallery

I just got out of a prison

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 02:11:12 am »

Derp derp derp.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

UrbanHermit

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 05 K1200LT, 98 Valkyrie Tourer, 98 Moto Guzzi V11
Miles Typed: 56

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »

I hate tailgaters.  Have to be pragmatic on the bike, but I keep marbles in my sunroof SUV for them . . .
kensvfr

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2011 Ninja 1000
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »

Just yesterday, as a matter of fact.

2 lanes my direction, heavy traffic, I'm in the right lane and a lady on the phone is in the left.  She stood out because as we progressed from stoplight to stoplight she was reacting extremely slowly.  ie.  Light turns green, traffic moves, she waits 3 car lengths before moving.  At the next light, she stops a couple of car lengths behind the car ahead of her and then creeps forward for several seconds.  The whole time she's a few car lengths ahead of me.  Also, a couple times the car drifts to the lane dividers and as soon as she hits the botts dots she jerks the car back into the middle of her lane.

A few cars turn right and now I'm just behind her.  My lane is moving faster than hers so I'm up next to her when I see her right front turn signal flash and the car comes across the lane marker.  I swerve right and hit the brakes as she sees me and jerks her car back to the left lane.  Since I've slowed she has room now so she comes into my lane and sticks her arm out the window and shakes her fist at me.

A block later we hit the freeway on-ramp and she has a merge light so she has to stop but I hit the HOV lane and ride on by.  As I pass, again her arm comes out the window, this time flippin' me the finger.

I guess the moral is:  If you're on the phone while driving, you have the right-of-way.  Anyone who violates that deserves your wrath?

I am absolutely stumped as to what pissed her off.  Stay vigilant out there!
Advertisement

Papa Lazarou

Reputation 61

Years Contributed: '09
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9253

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 02:56:35 am »

Well, kensfr, she had obviously met you before.  Bigsmile

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
GTS_Rider
Wacko at large

Reputation 53

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: MTS1200ST, V-Strom 1000, '94 Yamaha GTS1000, 2 Honda VF700F's
GPS: E.R. Burroughs Ranch, aka Tarzana, California
Miles Typed: 2821

My Photo Gallery

Lane-Sharing Saved My Life!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 05:50:12 am »

Could not reply to your poll options.

Normally for lane-spittzers moto-riders , there's little difference between avoiding those the are intent to kill ya, and those that are in their own world, and might kill ya by accident ...

It all runs down the same rode...  Consider your-self invisible...   Not much past that I can preach...    

"I actually felt G-Forces in my face fat" - Streetbike Tommy
Leewmlds

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: XJ600s, Concours 14
Miles Typed: 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »

I had almost been killed by a little girl.

September 2012 I was sitting stopped in the fast lane on a 55 mph parkway. This little girl in a Sion TC squeezes inbetween me and the car in the slow lane. I notice she is on the phone. I gesture to put the phone down. Once moving she squeezes between me and the now Tahoe in the slow lane and try's to push me into the median. I swerve left and brake hard. She slams her brakes. I swerve right and accelerate into the slow lane. She swerves at me forcing me onto the shoulder. It became apparent this was life and death. I stayed on the shoulder and accelerated to tripple digest speeds. Passing 3 state troopers. I get there attention. They come after me. I pull over, shut off the bike, take off my helmet and wait to explain myself. After 30 or so seconds of explanation the Tahoe that was almost invalved pulled over to explain what happens. She got the little girls plate number. We gave the police the info and they let me off with a warning.

To this day my wife has not heard this story.

My Toys. 2009 Concours 14. 2001 Suburban 2500 BigBlock. 1998 XJ600s Seca 2. 1994 Mirage (SCCA solo 2). 1979 Z28 Pro-Touring Build.
stevent
Aging Cafe` Racer

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: '10 K1300GT
GPS: near Tacoma, Wa.
Miles Typed: 1703

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 08:49:07 pm »

Not really road rage but more just dumbshits not paying attention to their driving. I did have one guy in a pick-up get so pissed he was just about bouncing up and down in the seat screaming at me. I couldn't help myself and just started laughing at him, I just nailed it and left him on the horizon. I still don't know what I did to piss him off so much but he was pretty wound up.

Shrug

Carpe` Throttleum - Loud Suits Save Lives -

"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"
GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 12:55:32 am »

You mean, that was in Seattle?!?  Criminy, I still remember the days when you signaled a lane change in Seattle and everyone would pull over to get out of your way, then hold hands on the shoulder and sing songs about the whales.

Just moved from Seattle back to the east coast... in comparison, Seattle drivers in general are still extremely police, thoughtful, and civil... and the traffic volume isn't as bad as they make it sound. Traffic in Atlanta when Sunday church gets out is worse than Seattle rush hour... rush hour in Atlanta is... well, I'll just say I'm real glad I don't live in Atlanta! Richmond to DC is bad enough!!!

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
Bounce
FJR1300

Reputation 104

GPS: USA
Miles Typed: 1507

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 12:52:01 pm »

Almost nothing as irritating as drivers wanting to act like police.

If you're in Atlanta, PLEASE report back that the I-285 raceway is still running the wall lane at 95 mph with 6 inches of separation.

FJR-Tips.org

IBA #285
Chuck 500

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: Honda NT700V
GPS: Houston, TX
Miles Typed: 167

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 12:11:33 am »

GENERALLY I have found Houston drivers courteous.  Probably twice a day on the morning commute drivers slow to allow me make safe lane changes.  When they don't it is usually inattention or just traffic, not malicious.  That said, I ride in a sane manner, no lane splits or crowding cars or weaving about.
GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 12:33:48 am »

Just moved from Seattle back to the east coast... in comparison, Seattle drivers in general are still extremely police, thoughtful, and civil... and the traffic volume isn't as bad as they make it sound. Traffic in Atlanta when Sunday church gets out is worse than Seattle rush hour... rush hour in Atlanta is... well, I'll just say I'm real glad I don't live in Atlanta! Richmond to DC is bad enough!!!

Crap... jus caught the typo... should read: Seattle drivers in general are still extremely POLITE... NOT police.

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
melville

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: BMW R75/6, Yamaha 850 Extra Special
GPS: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Miles Typed: 172

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 08:52:39 am »

Crap... jus caught the typo... should read: Seattle drivers in general are still extremely POLITE... NOT police.

Knew what ya meant!  And that was my experience as well.  In all honesty, my main cage does not have a functioning horn, and after my time in Seattle I don't miss it.  

My incident might more properly be categorized as 'street violence' rather than 'road rage.'

Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal