Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Chinese sport tourer  (Read 9651 times)

Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: '01 Bandit 1200S
GPS: Reno, NV
Miles Typed: 7785

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 02:28:40 am »

??? Turn away service business. Fixing things on those Chinese scooters is extra pizza and beer money everyday, guaranteed. We got 7 in this week to fix and this is a car stereo shop !!!

Didn't Jeff Spicoli's dad repair TVs and have a box full of bitchin' tools?

When you come to a fork in the road, lick the spoon.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1143

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 08:16:42 am »

What's the old saying?.......Perception is reality!

As long as the western world perceives Chinese quality to be low, they will struggle to attain market share in the areas where quality is important, and products are known to be produced in China.  Nobody thinks of Apple being a "Chinese" product, so they do not struggle to sell the products.

I have a couple of those cheap Chinese scooters (150cc), and they run great after a little carb cleaning and tuning.  But I only paid 500.00 for each, so I consider them throwaway products anyway.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 01:44:44 pm »

What they need is a catchy slogan. "Riding Sunshine Astride Joe En Lye LTD" or something like that.

Advertisement

Silverbird

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: '16 FJR1300 '07 919
GPS: Failville, CO
Miles Typed: 1625

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 01:52:17 pm »

I have a hard enough time putting my faith in a Japanese bike on tour.
spd2918

Reputation -356

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: ST1300RR (for trips), YZF600R (for tracks), Police ElectraGlide (for tickets), TW200 for trails
GPS: NW WI
Miles Typed: 4240

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 09:38:56 am »

I can remember that same sentiment toward Honda,
Datsun and Toyota.

Wow, how old are you?   Lol

Shops refused Japanese products for political reasons.  Their quality was never as bad as what we see with the Chinese.  Go get a Chinese ATV and see how long it lasts before a major failure.  Then look for parts.

Keep Obama in President, you know.  He gave us a phone; he gonna do more.
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 09:49:19 am »

I'd totally give this thing a shot.  Thumbsup

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
motormike

Reputation 31

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2007 VFR800 ABS, 2001 VFR800FI
GPS: Mpls., Minnesota
Miles Typed: 1160

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 09:56:02 am »

CFMoto = Chinese Fuckin' Moto.

No thanks!   Thumbsdown
FJRider
My Preferred Pronouns are I/Told/You/So

Reputation 1755

GPS: Drifting through the Driftless
Miles Typed: 634

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:22 pm »

Yeah...50 years ago.  Give China 50 years, right now their quality philosophy is, well, pretty much non-existent (I work with Chinese suppliers).

The Apple iPhone quality is not too bad. It seem most adults in China want to own one too.

It's just like in the US. Chinese parents like to have things made by their children.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." -- Leo Tolstoy
DogBoy
West Texas Teardrop

Reputation 106

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, KTM450SMR, CRF230F
GPS: Sacramento, Ca
Miles Typed: 10066

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »

We've had this discussion before.  Rolleyes

We'll be ready for another about discussion on Chinese QC an hour after finishing this one.

Note: 1KPerDay approved signature lines below.
satxbonneville

Reputation 31

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Motorcycles: 2004 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2003 Suzuki V-Strom 1000, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500
GPS: Texas
Miles Typed: 1710

My Photo Gallery

Umm...

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:07 pm »

Egg roll.

With Six.

Carefully crafted by beavers and sent through alternate dimensions.

To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects.

- Dame Margaret Thatcher
Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 09:19:36 pm »

We'll be ready for another about discussion on Chinese QC an hour after finishing this one.

Just like a Chinese dinner, huh?

Papa Lazarou

Reputation 61

Years Contributed: '09
GPS: Sussex
Miles Typed: 9253

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 07:33:18 am »

Having looked at the electrical windings on several Chinese bikes I have found that A) they die after 6 months and B) each one is different-it ooks as though each one has been made by hand in someone's home. Currently, the Chinese seem to build for cheapness and longevity is not good. A friend of mine ordered a large quanity of nuts and bolts from a Chinese factory. They arrived on time, each nut and bolt screwed together-every single one had been hand made and you couldn't sawp them around-they only fitted the ones that they were screwed to.

Having said that, soime factories are realising that they must up the quality and are doing so. The AJS branded motorcycles here are far better than most Chinese bikes.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead
FJRider
My Preferred Pronouns are I/Told/You/So

Reputation 1755

GPS: Drifting through the Driftless
Miles Typed: 634

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 08:06:04 am »

Having looked at the electrical windings on several Chinese bikes I have found that A) they die after 6 months and B) each one is different-it ooks as though each one has been made by hand in someone's home. Currently, the Chinese seem to build for cheapness and longevity is not good. A friend of mine ordered a large quanity of nuts and bolts from a Chinese factory. They arrived on time, each nut and bolt screwed together-every single one had been hand made and you couldn't sawp them around-they only fitted the ones that they were screwed to.

Having said that, soime factories are realising that they must up the quality and are doing so. The AJS branded motorcycles here are far better than most Chinese bikes.

We call our Chinese Supply Chain the "Surprise Chain".

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." -- Leo Tolstoy
UFO

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 03:49:32 pm »

The Apple iPhone quality is not too bad.

Let me know when you have a full understanding of the Apple design, supply, manufacturing, and quality chain...then get back to me.  But I'm sure you're an expert and are a consultant for Apple. Lol

There's a difference between a US (or other) company having the products they design assembled in China, dictating all aspects of quality along the way.  Versus a product designed, manufactured, and tested solely by a Chinese company.
Leanintree
Waiting for #3...

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '02 ZRX1200R, '02 Bandit600
GPS: Loveland, right on the edge of Kalirado
Miles Typed: 3417

My Photo Gallery

Bah. This year sucks.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 04:09:40 pm »

Caveat- Opinion of course

One thing holding the US back from recognizing that China can manufacture successfully is the god-awful reverse engineering of every product to produce cheap knockoffs. US intellectual property laws encourage innovation because you can't just build a straight copy of your competition at a price point, it has to be minimally a separate design. The knockoff mindset will keep China out of many markets because buyers tend to shy away from Rockwood stereo equipment, Sorny Plyastations and 1Pod mp3 players. Save a buck with this mentality = crap.

This is what has limited Hyosong (sp?) with their SV650 knockoff a couple years ago, and I imagine it will be the same with this critter. With the original close to hand, the knockoff will ALWAYS come off as a poor second, and rightly so. Materials and finish are lacking, and 'just like the original' isn't any such thing when the quality sucks. If we were seeing some of the innovative products from China, I have no doubt that they are as good as we are accustomed to. But they aren't building for our market obviously (safety standards, size requirements etc).

Give me a good CHINESE bike that does what I need, then maybe. Until then, I'll content myself with a good JAPANESE/EURO.AMERICAN bike that does.

LT

'02 ZRX1200R  - Commutasaurus Rex, '02 Bandit600 - Appropriate name STILL pending

---Guns and bikes, peanut butter and jelly. See the comparison? One's just stickier.
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »

Is there anything STN can't turn into a bitch match?  

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal