Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: K1200GT Finally Back Home  (Read 2685 times)

Dave.TX

Reputation -4

Motorcycles: 2008 BMW K1200GT
GPS: Elgin, TX (near Austin)
Miles Typed: 87

My Photo Gallery

Whippersnapper

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:32:10 pm »

Ten weeks ago some cager backed into my bike in a parking lot and tipped it over on its left side. At least they had the decency to find us and ask if we owned the bike. They gave us their insurance info and the ball started rolling. It stopped rolling several times as for 4-5 weeks the insurance companies were dragging their feet (mine: Dairyland, theirs: Farmer's). The initial estimate was done and the shop did theirs which was about $4500 more than the original estimate. More stalling, dragging, no returned calls or emails. Then finally they came through and approved it. I went to the BMW shop and told them what to repair and what not. Basically I wanted the K1300GT fairings/side panels instead of repairing the 1200 panels. It could be done.

Long story short and lots of delays the bike came home today. 2 1/2 months of prime riding (well, it's Texas and some of it has been over 100 degrees), weekends off, etc... watching my friends go on rides, it got to me. But no more!

It's the 2010 K1300GT color of Vermillion Red Metallic. Only problem that will eventually be remedied is the vent holes got painted the same color instead of dark grey like I wanted. Instead of sending them back and more delays I decided to do it some other time so I can ride now. The painter said the parts would take 2 days, they took 2 weeks so I wasn't about to wait any longer. Not now, anyway. Added the stripes down on the bottom to help break up the large panels and hopefully add a little sportiness to it. It looks better in person. The side cases were color matched too. It was Crystal Grey Metallic, which I never liked. Looked like a leisure suit color.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/kawika512/K1200GT/DSC00003_zps955317bc.jpg

Taggart: *LePetomaine Thruway*? Now what'll that asshole think of next?
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Stripes
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Reputation 110

Motorcycles: Triumph, Ducati, BMW
GPS: On the water
Miles Typed: 4519

My Photo Gallery

I'm on a boat!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:35 am »

Thumbsup  glad you finally got it back! That's why everyone should always, always have more than 1 motorcycle... at least 2, that way, chances are that you'll never be w/o one!  I hope that the Sheriff Deputy in your driveway didn't accidentally back up into it too!

"We all should aspire once in life to date a psychotic nymphomaniac, no matter what the aftermath."
sleazy rider

Reputation 37

Years Contributed: '06, '07
Years Supported: '11
Miles Typed: 5560

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »

Now change your sig picture.   Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal