Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: New Norge in the Cards?  (Read 7909 times)

Indefatigable

Reputation 56

Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
GPS: Southern New Jersey
Miles Typed: 642

My Photo Gallery

Molly 2004-2015

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:52 am »

After 20 plus years of marriage my wife has decided she wants to ride with me.  I think the Griso is a little too cramped for the both of us so I am thinking about a Norge.  I was at the dealer last week and they had a beautiful white Norge sitting there so I can’t stop thinking about it.  Then the dealer tells me there is a big demand (at their place at least) for Tenni Griso’ s and they could give me a great deal on the white Norge.  I need to think this over.   Bigsmile

New Jersey Sucks

When a man says he will fix something, then he will fix it.  There’s no need to keep reminding him every six months.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Moto Morphin Power Ranger
Ottenere una moto vera

Reputation 22

Motorcycles: 2009 Moto-Guzzi Griso 8V, 1978 Yamaha XS1100,
GPS: Region Six
Miles Typed: 754

My Photo Gallery

twitter.com/motomuzzey

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:09 am »

I love the Norge in white  Thumbsup I love both bikes so in my mind you can't go wrong.
 Have you looked at the moto guzzi stelvio? I have not been on one so I don't know how much room you have at the back seat.  

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow What a Ride HST
Indefatigable

Reputation 56

My Photo Gallery

Molly 2004-2015

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

I love the Norge in white  Thumbsup I love both bikes so in my mind you can't go wrong.
 Have you looked at the moto guzzi stelvio? I have not been on one so I don't know how much room you have at the back seat.  

Yes, the dealer had 2 of them as well but it just doesn't do it for me like the Norge does.  

New Jersey Sucks

When a man says he will fix something, then he will fix it.  There’s no need to keep reminding him every six months.
Advertisement

cage free

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 12 Griso SE, 07 Bandit 1250, 69 Honda SL90
Miles Typed: 27

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:23 pm »

Tenni Griso's haven't been available for a little over a year so unless your dealer horded some early 2012's he is kinda misleading you as far as new is concerned regarding the Griso..  I would never consider a Griso for any two up riding for any kind of long distance, it would be miserable for both of you..The Norge is a much better choice as is the Stelvio or 1400 Cali..
Indefatigable

Reputation 56

My Photo Gallery

Molly 2004-2015

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:08:00 pm »

Tenni Griso's haven't been available for a little over a year so unless your dealer horded some early 2012's he is kinda misleading you as far as new is concerned regarding the Griso..  I would never consider a Griso for any two up riding for any kind of long distance, it would be miserable for both of you..The Norge is a much better choice as is the Stelvio or 1400 Cali..

I have a 2012 Tenni Griso.  They want me to trade it in and they have several folks who want one.

New Jersey Sucks

toma nova

Reputation 13

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
GPS: Houston
Miles Typed: 126

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 03:16:31 pm »

Can you add the Norge?  G12 and 8V Norge would be great companions!!

(I'm wishfully thinking about adding a smallblock to keep my 12S company.)

Tom

I'll stop using two spaces after a period when they pry my IBM Selectric from my cold, dead hands.
Virginian

Reputation 16

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '15 KTM 1290 Super Adventure, '09 Yamaha Tmax
GPS: The Virginian
Miles Typed: 1984

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »

:popcorn:

Waiting to see pics of the new Norge!

Eric

When the world ends, the only thing left will be cockroaches riding Guzzis. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/garrysimmons/MotoPhoto2009/BurgerRun2009/BurgerRun2009_128.jpg
jdgretz

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Los Angeles area
Miles Typed: 231

My Photo Gallery

The Fast Sexy Red Italian Norge

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 12:29:19 am »

The photo of the 2014 in Brown on the Guzzi Italian site looks nice.  If they do the right brown that could be a stunning bike.

How tall is your wife?  Mine is 5'7" and gets a pretty good amount of wind buffeting riding behind me (granted I have an '07 with a different wind screen).  We are trying different after market screens to see if one of those is better for her.  Be sure to get out on the highway for a bit on the test ride to make sure it works for both of you.

I love my Norge, and the wife enjoys being on the back as well - provided it's not a long freeway trip.

jdg

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/CA/Canoga_Park.gif
'07 Norge - Sophia, '99 Honda Helix '76 Honda CJ360T, '03 Honda Shadow (The Loaner)
fastfreddy

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2006 moto guzzi Breva 1100, 2000 katana 600, yamaha vino, kx450f, dt175, moto guzzi v65 chopper
Miles Typed: 80

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 12:25:03 pm »

Buy it. You won't be disappointed. My wife likes the passenger accomodations and the buffeting was cured with a bigger screen.
Indefatigable

Reputation 56

My Photo Gallery

Molly 2004-2015

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 07:41:41 am »

My new bike plans are on hold right now.  The Exxon Valdez ran aground behind my house.  I have a really big remediation headache to deal with.  #@%^&* UG oil storage tanks.   Crazy

New Jersey Sucks

blacktruck

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: HD Soft Tail, MG Norge, Honda GW, Suzuki GT750
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 11:35:18 am »

My new bike plans are on hold right now.  The Exxon Valdez ran aground behind my house.  I have a really big remediation headache to deal with.  #@%^&* UG oil storage tanks.   Crazy

New guy to this forum so I thought I would add my thoughts here.
I hope the oil spill you mentioned is a small one and dries up soon. As far as a Norge goes, I have an 11 model. Mine is the faster black color. I also have the factory trunk which is a great addition for a passenger and really handy even for a single rider. My recommendation would be to get the bike. They are a great value and really fun to ride. Comfort isn't couch like as in an Ultra glide or something similar but still good for normal sized people. Plus sized might be a little tough to mount due to the seat height. Power, economy and handling are pluses and the fact that you probably won't park next to another one very often is good too.
My thoughts here. The Norge is a great bike and I wouldn't think of ever selling mine.
Stay safe out there..
Ken
Hambonee

Reputation 37

Motorcycles: 2013 BMW GS 1200
GPS: Kenmore, WA
Miles Typed: 443

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 11:40:13 am »

Buy it...

I loved my Norge(had a 07) and would not have given it up other than I have a really bum knee and at 6'4" I needed something with a little less bend in the old suckers.

That being said the handling and power were AWESOME..and that engine..ohhhh the sound... Drool

I went to the psychiatrist, and he says "You're crazy " I tell him I want a second opinion. He says, "Okay, you're ugly too!" (Rodney Dangerfield)
Bouts

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2014 Moto Guzzi California Tourning
Miles Typed: 56

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

Don't think....DO IT!!!!!  I saw a 2013 Norge in white, absoutely loved it!!!!!  But hesitated, still kicking myself, and still in love with the look, the sound, everything.  I think in the next year to two years I'll find an excuse to trade Dr Connie for the Norge!!!!!
Bouts

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 08:48:06 am »

Thought I'd add to this post. Went to a local dealer and got a chance to sit on the Norge. Fits real nice, would even say perfectly. Dealer offered to prep it and let me do a test ride next weekend!!!  To say I'm anxious is an understatement!!!!
Virginian

Reputation 16

Motorcycles: '15 KTM 1290 Super Adventure, '09 Yamaha Tmax
GPS: The Virginian
Miles Typed: 1984

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 12:34:18 am »

Nice!  Bigok Let us know how it turns out.

When the world ends, the only thing left will be cockroaches riding Guzzis. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/garrysimmons/MotoPhoto2009/BurgerRun2009/BurgerRun2009_128.jpg
Bouts

Reputation 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 10:37:45 pm »

Took a while to post up  Norge test ride didn't pan out  Ended up taking out a Stelvio, that one did not work for me at all  Just could not get comfortable or used to it.  Took out a California Custom after and that was an instant fit  Loved it, comfy, smooth, torquey, a great ride.  Rethinking the Norge now  The California Toiring version may be the way to go.  Now if I can justify the price to purchase.
GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 12:32:21 am »

We have a used 2012 Norge at the shop that I took home for a weekend... absolutely loved the 400+ miles I put on carving twisty Appalachian back roads and BRP. Fitted with Angel GT's, it tipped in quickly and effortlessly and held lines on a rail. The pocket created by the modest fairing and screen was surprisingly very quiet and clean, and the ergos were perfect for me. The raw character off the mill coupled with the exhaust note inspires hooliganism. My only complaints were the useless placement of the adjustable electric screen controls, and the fiddlyfuck 2 latch panniers, that leak...

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
jdgretz

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '10
GPS: Los Angeles area
Miles Typed: 231

My Photo Gallery

The Fast Sexy Red Italian Norge

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 12:36:46 am »

I thought the new style seals had fixed the leaky panniers?

I don't mind the two latches - not any better or worse than the two latches on my old C-10, just different.

Jdg

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/CA/Canoga_Park.gif
'07 Norge - Sophia, '99 Honda Helix '76 Honda CJ360T, '03 Honda Shadow (The Loaner)
WaltR

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2012 Moto Guzzi Norge
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 09:42:24 am »

After owning my Norge for a year I really like the latches and have gotten used to them.  You can load the boxes up pretty good and the two latches hold the covers closed without pressure on the lock mechanism.  It is actually some kind of sideways Italian genius thinking.  
mugwump58

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: EX 500, KLX 300 SF, FJR
GPS: N of I 90
Miles Typed: 3943

My Photo Gallery

The sign is gone :-(

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 10:40:25 am »

:popcorn:

May you only ever meet people with headlights just like yours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal