Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:31:47 am »

Happy valentine's day! What better way to spend it than looking at motorcycles at the IMS show in Seattle? If this heat wave continues, I might even ride up.

Or I'll take the train, skip the show, and just go for beer. Anyone else going this year?
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Need For Speed
Ridin' fool(ishly)

Reputation 1

GPS: PNW
Miles Typed: 127

My Photo Gallery

It's the journey, NOT the destination!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:55 pm »

Not too happy that they moved the show dates to Feb, gonna sit this one out due to work committments.

Got a brand new bike anyway, don't need to drool over the new models this time.

'99 Blackbird - long distance steed, '02 Tiller - canyon carver, '09 DR650 - backroads explorer, '13 ZX14R - fulfiller of adrenaline needs

The road less traveled usually has less cops patrolling it...
wrhux
Reverend Bill

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »

I think the organizers will find the Seattle audience displeased with the traditional December show dates being dumped. With that and the show falling on a holiday weekend and valentines day, expect attendance to be a major flop. The show has been a steady decline in value for a long while, and the show company will blame everything but the date. Be curious to see which city got the December slot and how that worked out for them.
There is now a euro brand show in Lynwood two weeks later, no admission fee and, while small, caters to a certain audience.
Advertisement

MrRich

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: FZ6R
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »

Personally I like it better in Feb, I have more money to spend in after Christmas on myself than I do during the holidays
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 2627

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 02:37:01 pm »

I think the organizers will find the Seattle audience displeased with the traditional December show dates being dumped. With that and the show falling on a holiday weekend and valentines day, expect attendance to be a major flop. The show has been a steady decline in value for a long while, and the show company will blame everything but the date. Be curious to see which city got the December slot and how that worked out for them.
There is now a euro brand show in Lynwood two weeks later, no admission fee and, while small, caters to a certain audience.

The Euro Show is actually much better than the IMS.   Shrug   I tend to go to the IMS just cause, well, if we don't go then they won't have one.

I'd encourage all Region 1'ers to hit the Euro Show.  Smaller venue up in Lynnwood, for some reason it's free (!) this year, can test ride bikes and it just seems more lively than the IMS.

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
bubba zanetti
2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 16 Dr650.

Reputation 69

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 6819

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 02:43:08 pm »

If they have that Euro show in Lynwood every year - where do they hold it by the way ??  - it could be another good excuse to plan a trip next year to Seattle !
DfnsMn69

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 98 Valkyrie and 03 VFR
GPS: Hillsboro, OR
Miles Typed: 38

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:57:16 pm »

Happy valentine's day! What better way to spend it than looking at motorcycles at the IMS show in Seattle? If this heat wave continues, I might even ride up.

Or I'll take the train, skip the show, and just go for beer. Anyone else going this year?

We're headed up from PDX Fri afternoon, going to the Show Sat and possibly Sun with a little WHL hockey action in Everett and Kent over the weekend.
GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 02:23:37 am »

If they have that Euro show in Lynwood every year - where do they hold it by the way ??  - it could be another good excuse to plan a trip next year to Seattle !

It's at the convention center, organized by the folks at Cycle Barn. http://euromoto-northwest.com/index.html

There is great brick oven pizza place in walking distance, and also a great little greek hole in the wall that has killer chocolate dipped baklava...

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1509

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 01:57:23 pm »

Anyone go?  How was it?

I'm thinking of going, mostly because I'm not shopping for anything at the moment, and after my experience at the Arai booth in 2012 when I WAS in the market for a high-priced accessory I'm unlikely to purchase anything from a non-local vendor anyway.  I couldn't get those j--ka--es to give me the time of day and all of the helmets were locked to the display.  I'd like to see what's new in boots and armor.  Since it's running through Monday and I-5 is closed southbound perhaps it won't be a circus this year.

Plus, sitting on bikes is fun.  Although I'd probably never buy one, I want to sit on the Indians, and the S1000R street version too if it's there.

The Euro show is organized by local dealers.  I went the first year, and there was a distinct lack of skantily clad twits (a.k.a. booth babes) who don't know a progressive fork spring from a swingarm.

'08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Guzzi Breva
greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 19

Motorcycles: 05 FJR, 91 ZX-11 - SOLD!
GPS: Covington WA
Miles Typed: 3499

My Photo Gallery

What we have here is failure to communicate

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 12:26:36 am »

Several of us went.  Someone even tried on an Arai.  They were on those retractable cables like at the cell phone store.

ATGATT - All the Garbage all the time
GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 10:26:28 am »

Anyone go?  How was it?

I'm thinking of going, mostly because I'm not shopping for anything at the moment, and after my experience at the Arai booth in 2012 when I WAS in the market for a high-priced accessory I'm unlikely to purchase anything from a non-local vendor anyway.  I couldn't get those j--ka--es to give me the time of day and all of the helmets were locked to the display.  I'd like to see what's new in boots and armor.  Since it's running through Monday and I-5 is closed southbound perhaps it won't be a circus this year.

Plus, sitting on bikes is fun.  Although I'd probably never buy one, I want to sit on the Indians, and the S1000R street version too if it's there.

The Euro show is organized by local dealers.  I went the first year, and there was a distinct lack of skantily clad twits (a.k.a. booth babes) who don't know a progressive fork spring from a swingarm.

The first S1000R in the US was shipped to our dealership in Fredericksburg for assembly, and joined the IMS circuit in DC last month, it should have been present at all shows since and going forward.

The Euro show was initially conceived and continues to be primarily organized by Garret, GM/Sales manager at Lynwood Cycle Barn and has grown nicely since the first year. Last year's show was well worth the half day needed to explore thoroughly. It's staffed by folks who actually work in the industry... and this year it's free?

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal