Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: WTB: Ride Reports and other articles  (Read 4324 times)

ejwpc

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 1991 Honda ST1100
Miles Typed: 33

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2007, 09:42:59 am »

I am becoming a part of a new magazine for motorcyclists. It is going to be a publication for riders and BY RIDERS. It should go into publication later this year.

The upside is that we are looking to publish stories by real riders, not just the same old articles about about the latest "600 shootout." We are looking for articles on just about any topic. Certainly, just about any current thread in the RIDE REPORTS forum would qualify for submission. It can be a trip around the block, the country or the world. The more pictures and text the better.

It is also not limited to RIDE REPORTS. If you have a "how to" blurb or even a book review, we are interested.

We will pay between $25.00 to $100.00 for those stories that are published depending on length. You, of course, will also get a complimentary copy of the magazine.

Please email your submissions to [email protected]. Please include your full name and mailing address for payment. If you would like your byline to appear differently (e.g., screenname), please note that as well.

Any material accepted is subject to such revision as is necessary in our sole discretion to meet the requirements of the publication. Upon acceptance, payment will be made, which covers the author's and/or contributor's right, title and interest in and to the material submitted including, but not limited to, photos, drawings, charts and designs which shall be considered as text. The act of emailing or submitting material shall constitue an express warranty by the contributor that the material is original and in no way an infringement on the rights of others.

Please submit your rides stories and pictures to [email protected]

Please see the following thread for more information: https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,8668.0.html
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15137

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:45:37 am »

Email sent  Bigsmile

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
zzrRider

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '03 Kawasaki zzr1200
Miles Typed: 71

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:57:38 pm »

Is this first North American rights (with electronic rights?), transferring full copyright to the publication, or is it a case-by-case basis?

I've seen some people on other non-motorcycle related forums get burned after transferring full copyright to a website and/or magazine, meaning that they can no longer post those images or stories (without substantial changes) to their own websites or forums like these.  Not that I'm trying to imply anything.  It sounds like a great magazine and as a part-time freelance writer, I'm always excited to see fresh markets opening up.  

Best of luck.  I may in touch after a couple of my upcoming trips I have planned are written up.

Jeff
Advertisement

Doug Just Doug
Gabba Gabba Huh?

Reputation 19

Years Contributed: '06, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
GPS: Newark, Delaware
Miles Typed: 1006

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:11:29 pm »

Any editorial guidelines?
ejwpc

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:10:15 am »

Is this first North American rights (with electronic rights?), transferring full copyright to the publication, or is it a case-by-case basis?

I've seen some people on other non-motorcycle related forums get burned after transferring full copyright to a website and/or magazine, meaning that they can no longer post those images or stories (without substantial changes) to their own websites or forums like these.  Not that I'm trying to imply anything.  It sounds like a great magazine and as a part-time freelance writer, I'm always excited to see fresh markets opening up.  

Best of luck.  I may in touch after a couple of my upcoming trips I have planned are written up.

Jeff

At this time, we are not looking for exclusive rights.  We are hoping this will become another medium for more people to enjoy the stories and rides of others.

Please see the following thread for more information: https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,8668.0.html
Corbeau
My way is the highway

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: Red 2002 Honda VFR Interceptor
GPS: Ottawa, ON, Great White North
Miles Typed: 1009

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:56:56 am »

Email not sent.

I can't justify the time involved for "$25 to $100" per story.

Sorry, mate.

: proselyting daily for the Church of the Holy Interceptor and passing out the Kool-Aid.
http://www.grandcorbeau.com/images/icons.jpg
See you Aug. 2nd-5th, 2013 for SNOB III
ejwpc

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 01:03:42 pm »

Email not sent.

I can't justify the time involved for "$25 to $100" per story.

Sorry, mate.

No problem.  This publication is more for those that just want to share their stories with an even wider audience than just on a ride report online.  The price range is also dictated because, as you can imagine, we are trying to get this off the ground and have to budget accordingly.  As I have indicated, we are really attempting to publish as many as possible.

ctbandit

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:41:11 pm »

This offer still up? Has there been a publication to date for reference?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal