Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down
Print

Topic: WCRM 2014 Ashland Oregon June 6, 7 and 8th  (Read 31654 times)

bubba zanetti
2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 06 KTM 640 Adventure.

Reputation 69

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 6793

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:41:49 am »

Looks like an amazing place …  Bigok

Wade, your host,  will be by shortly to provide details. Great guy, great area.   Bigok  
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

viffergyrl

Reputation 31

Motorcycles: 99 Honda VFR 800 2001 Ducati ST4
GPS: 1 hour northwest of LA-LA Land....
Miles Typed: 1299

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:39:17 pm »

:popcorn:

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

1999 Honda VFR 800 (the Vixen) 2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)
rc30boy

Reputation 11

GPS: Southern Oregon, USA
Miles Typed: 205

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:29:07 pm »

Hello all who are willing to attend a ride fest in my little corner of the universe.  I know there are some who feel Ashland doesn't offer a lot, it is my hope to change your mind.  I have been out of town for the last week, home now and will go talk to the managers at 3 levels of accommodation, budget and clean, a step up and deluxe Best Western  complete with workout facilities etc.  I will post prices by the end of the week.

How about a bbq at my house friday night and if you want to have a few, I will pick you up and deliver you back to your hotel/motel in my trusty pick up truck.  I will provide side dishes and salads, all you need is drinks and meat, both of which can be got right around the corner at Shop n Kart market.  After the bbq thinking of either showing Fastest, the sequel to Faster, or Why We Ride, a great documentary that will have all itching for the 3 week road trip....

Saturday my plan is ,if you all want it, I can provide very competent local riders as guides so you can truly see the back roads as only the locals who know them can show you, I was thinking about 3 different loops, 120ish miles, 250ish miles, and 300+ miles.  Are there any ADV sorts coming who want to climb up into the mountains on dirt?  Speak up and I will make sure the GS is ready and we can do a 250+ mile run where half of it is dirt and forest service roads, the other half twisty tarmac.

Saturday night we go to Caldera Brew house for dinner and drinks.

Sunday morning those that want can join in with my usual riding group for a run up Hwy 66 to the Greensprings Inn for a killer brekkie, then down Dead Indian road to the motel and off for your homes.

I am happy to offer any suggestions on how to get here and stay off the super slab for those that want it.

I am also happy to not do any of the above mentioned stuff if that strikes all as too much planning and something more spontaneous would be better, I remain at your service...and no I don't mean THAT kind of service....

Bring bathing suits as I have a hot tub here at the house for those that want to soak after a long ride.

I also have bike stands and a full array of metric and standard tools if anyone runs into any maintenence problems.  My local bike shop, Hansen's is the best and they can help with any snafu's too, besides they are worth a look as they have some particularly cool bikes in right now including the BMW R9T,  Drool Drool.

Downtown Ashland is very picturesque, it is a major tourist town after all, and worth a walk/explore, and anyone who wants to stay over for Sunday the pub downtown, the Black Sheep, has a killer Sunday Roast dinner in the British Style and live Irish Folk Music in the bar from 3-5, if you've been to ol blighty this will take you back there in the best of ways.

The bottom line is this is your WCRM, I just want to help make it the best ever...oh yeah, the motels will be within walking distance of the Caldera Brew House.

Let's ride!

Advertisement

M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2 VFRs & a GTS
GPS: 1 hr N/W of LA LA Land
Miles Typed: 2850

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:09:53 am »

Thanks for the generous offers, and local legwork! Looking forward to this all coming together over the next couple of months. It's gonna be a great trip!
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

Motel info is as follows:
There are 5 motels I have looked at, the Super 8, indoor heated pool, free basic brekkie, free HBO, clean, somewhat dated, $59 for queen bed, $69 for king, $79 2 queen beds, 10 minute walk to the brew house, just across the street from the Wild Goose which is a decent breakfast/lunch place with a full bar in the back where they do karoake on weekend evenings, your bike may be parked out of sight of your room.

Across the street is the Rodeway Inn, also clean and a bit dated, rates are equivalent to the Super 8, same basic location as well, just now you are on the same side of the street as the Wild Goose and you can park your bike right out front.  

Closer to Caldera Brew House are 4 other motels, here you will find the Relax Inn at a whopping $45 per night one bed, $55 per night 2 beds, clean, very dated, not much by way of amenities, however the room I toured didn't smell too bad, everything looked pretty clean and you can park your bike right outside your door.  It is a short walk to the Caldera from here.  This property is located close to the freeway, the thick block walls seem to cut out most of the sound though.

Across the street is the Best Western Windsor Inn, they run $125+ per night, have the complete list of amenities I have come to expect from Best Western properties, it is also a bit farther from the freeway than the Relax Inn.  If spending a bit more and feeling more taken care of is your bag, this is the place for you imho.

Also in this price range is the Holiday Inn Express, the newest of the hotels nearest the brewery, everything is nice, clean and fresh.  Two knocks against the place for me are you might have to be out of sight of the bike overnight and it's closer to the freeway than the Best Western.

The Ashland Hills Inn and Suites is just across the street from the other 3, quite nice and the price shows it, you are being asked for $150+ a night, all rooms are suites with a foldout couch in a separate living room and a closeable door on the bedroom so it would be a possible place for a couple + 1 to stay...nice amenities, once again might be out of sight of the bike overnight.

As far as group rates go, all the places want a block of 10 rooms to give a group rate and this will save you 10% with the exception of the Relax Inn where there is no discounts at all.  If there are 10 of you who would want to be in the same place either let me know and I will set up a group rate for you, if not I figured it could just be each person do their own thing.

If I were to pick it would look like this, solo I'm in the Relax Inn 'cause I'm a cheap bastard, with a significant other on board I'm at the Best Western 'cause it's swanky and might help me get lucky....

As always if I can help facilitate anything for you please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:48:28 pm by rc30boy » Logged
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 05:53:49 pm »

Oh yeah, I can take 2 folks who are okay camping on my porch, means you share the facilities here with me, you need your own tent, sleeping bag and pad, although I do have some loanable equipment.  First come first serve, let me know if there is interest....
PS the porch is in the back of the house, not on the street.....
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »

Truly I think there is something for everyone here. Thanks for the research!  Bigok

One thought: If there are a number of rooms with two queen beds at the BW, one could share and it would be cheaper.  Cool

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »

If people need a visual - the Caldera Brewing Co is across the street from the Relax Inn:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:45:33 pm by viffergyrl » Logged

greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 16

Motorcycles: 05 FJR, 91 ZX-11 - SOLD!
GPS: Covington WA
Miles Typed: 3495

My Photo Gallery

What we have here is failure to communicate

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 11:32:31 pm »

That's a whole lot of research and Thank You.

Is the Best Western within staggering distance of the Caldera Brewing Co?  Does Caldera have cocktails?  How's the food?

I'd prefer a map of local roads instead of an organized ride.  Garmin Base Camp format would be most excellent.  Smile

I'll probably ride the coast down and back, maybe make it a 2 day down, single day back.

ATGATT - All the Garbage all the time
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 2627

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 11:41:15 pm »

Ooooh.  This sounds like more fun than puppies and free beer.    Bigok

Thanks in advance, Wade, for being so generous.    Hail   Hope all is going well with you.

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
bubba zanetti

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »

If people need a visual - the Caldera Brewing Co is across the street from the Relax Inn:

I see that Brammo, the electric mc company, is right nearby the Brewing Company, that might be an interesting stop and look see !?
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 01:08:29 am »

Caldera is indeed within staggering distance of any of the motels, very close to the final 4 I mentioned, greench, I am sorry to say I am a complete inept when it comes to satnav, use paper maps and dead reckoning still...so I would be unable to put together satnav maps in any format, again, sorry about that. There are however some really great routes that I can point you to that have only a few changes and I'm sure you could figure out a way to make your satnav talk to you... Mr. Smooth, I am hoping I get to see you?  It has been way too long....Oh yeah, the food while a bit 'artsy' is good at Caldera, and they have a full bar as well...
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 01:15:56 am »

Just for reference, the Caldera Brew house is marked on vffergirls map as pacific domes with the little fork and knife logo, not sure why they don't have it labeled correctly.
Chronic
Curvemiester

Reputation 1

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '14 KTM 1190 Adventure,'14 Moto Guzzi Griso, '02 Moto Guzzi "Scura"
GPS: Visalia, Central Cali.
Miles Typed: 472

My Photo Gallery

Gonzo Motorcyclist

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 03:14:43 pm »

Gawd!!!  I sooo wanna do this thing.   I may need to be out of the country on business that week ,but, if not, then, I AM  I DOING IT Smile

I rode thru and spend a night in Asland last June and we rode Dead Indian rd. down into town from the east and it as stupendous!!....... and that was going down hill!!!  I can only inagine how fun that road would be going up it.

A bit crowded with Shakespeare festival, but, still a really fun place.  I can't wait to go back.

Getting to and from will be a treat, too.  For me, it'll be up Hwy 49 to Oregon and back down the coast to Cambria and then turn left and on to home.

The Spice must flow...
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 12:48:41 am »

Oh yeah, one other thing, the Valero station by the motels, they sell 92 octane gas with no ethanol!  It does cost $5 a gallon, man my older bikes like it a lot better though...
UHOH

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: C-14 Sport-tour
GPS: Washington State - the dry, east side
Miles Typed: 1177

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:59:27 pm »

If I were to pick it would look like this, solo I'm in the Relax Inn 'cause I'm a cheap bastard...

As always if I can help facilitate anything for you please let me know.

Great summary info.

But, TripAdvisor.com doesn't list a Relax Inn; nor does Orbitz.com (a travel reservation site) book there.  
Hhmmm, thinking caution if the big guys avoid it.   So could you take a couple photos of this motel and post them?   Thanks.
greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 11:27:50 am »

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29998-d1878569-Reviews-Relax_Inn_Ashland-Ashland_Oregon.html

Bigok

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 77

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15115

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »

But, TripAdvisor.com doesn't list a Relax Inn; nor does Orbitz.com (a travel reservation site) book there.  
Hhmmm, thinking caution if the big guys avoid it.   So could you take a couple photos of this motel and post them?   Thanks.

Really??

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
UHOH

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: C-14 Sport-tour
GPS: Washington State - the dry, east side
Miles Typed: 1177

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »

Really??

try it for yourself.
tripadvisor.  put in ashland, OR.  for hotels.  Relax Inn doesn't show.

Orbitz.  put in ashland, OR.  hotel only (no airline tickets).  click.  Relax Inn doesn't show.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 77

Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15115

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 12:49:32 pm »

Actually, my response was in your request for Wade to go and take pictures of the motels for you.  Razz

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »

try it for yourself.
tripadvisor.  put in ashland, OR.  for hotels.  Relax Inn doesn't show.

Orbitz.  put in ashland, OR.  hotel only (no airline tickets).  click.  Relax Inn doesn't show.

On TripAdvisor it is under B&Bs and Inns (not hotels). If you search specifically for the Relax Inn on TripAdvisor it shows up. Yeah... it's not a hotel apparently.

greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

Or you could just click my link.  Bigok

viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

I'm telling you... it takes a village sometimes.  Lol

MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22:56 pm »

Coming from you, that just sounds naughty.   Lol

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
XLR8
Does not wear Crocs

Reputation 8

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: C14
GPS: Pacific Northwest
Miles Typed: 4090

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

I guess I need to see if I can make this ride. I got a new job in March and I've been waiting to see how the timing will work out with all the new stuff I need to do.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:33 pm »

UHOH, I will get pics if time permits, will tell you it is older, least well kept, seemed clean though, and there is a reason they only charge $45 or $50 a night when all the other places close by run almost double that, some triple.  For those who made the meet in Weaverville last June, on par with the Motel we stayed in there...and to be clear, on par means relatively close to...
Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

Years Contributed: '06, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: 92 Klr 650, 02 Fz1, 89 TransAlp
GPS: CA, bay area
Miles Typed: 1704

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:15 pm »

Looks like I'm in for some Dual sporting.
Jim

Life's journey is not To arrive At the grave safely In a well preserved body But rather to skid In sideways Totally worn out Shouting Holy shit what a ride.
denydog
Ready to Ride! (as long as it's not raining)

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: 1982 Suzuki GS 1100E - BMW K1200R Sport - Barb's Suzuki GS500
GPS: Near Seattle Wa
Miles Typed: 1772

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 10:03:10 pm »

I might be up for the trip this year. Appreciation to rc30boy for doing the legwork.
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 02:23:31 am »

UHOH, I will get pics if time permits, will tell you it is older, least well kept, seemed clean though, and there is a reason they only charge $45 or $50 a night when all the other places close by run almost double that, some triple.  For those who made the meet in Weaverville last June, on par with the Motel we stayed in there...and to be clear, on par means relatively close to...

I had no real complaints about the Trinity. The sheets were clean. The shower, and the A/C worked. I could park my bike a couple feet from my door. I could walk to the liquor store. I could stay up 'till nearly midnight drinking, and yakkin' in the commonway before anyone complained.

My kinda place.
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 01:16:01 pm »

Reservations made at the Best Western Windsor. M.Brane and I are in for this fieldmeet.  Bigok

Who else?

Is there any interest in having a motel with a block of rooms and have that be the 'host' motel? It's a month away so not sure we can get a block, but we can try. And no we're not having another poll.

Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

Motorcycles: 2017 Super Ténéré ES
GPS: Moncton N.B. Canada
Miles Typed: 1155

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 07:18:12 am »

I cannot commit at 100% but there's a possibility that I'll attend for at least 1 night.  Let me explain.  

Paul (Riding friend) and I are planning to leave Moncton (Canadian East Coast) on May 24th and ride all the way to California and back.  We are looking at a 5-6 week / 12,000 mile trip.  If everything goes according to plan, the itinerary we have drawn up would put us in the Ashland area on the same dates as the WCRM.  

It would be nice for us East Coast folks to meet some of the West Coast folks.  

The Best Western looks like a nice place to stay but we won't reserve until the dates approach and we have a better handle on where we'll be on those dates.  

V'Nez nous ouère.

2005 - Banff Run   2006 - National   2007- SNOT II   2008 - National   2009 - ESTN    2010 - National & SNOB I  2012- National  2013 - SNOB III & ESTN  2014 - WCRM
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 09:20:13 am »

That. Would. Be. Awesome. Hope the stars align. Thumbsup

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 10:36:59 am »

For any of you who have done a trackday with Keigwin's here on the West Coast, you will have met Dave Moss, he is the suspension guru that comes to the track and sets up bikes as part of the program.  I have had him help me multiple times and he is really good at getting all the fiddly bits just so as well as giving some really kick a$$ seminars on the way suspension works and how to get the best out of your bike.

This long and rambling preamble is the intro for my letting you know he will be in Southern Oregon setting up bikes maybe June 6th, for sure June 7th, the cost is $45 for an advance ticket, $55 at the door, he sets your sag, does all the rebound, compression stuff and he does it from having spent 20 years at race tracks around the world learning what works and what doesn't. (He runs a VFR400 with the AFM as well as a Honda 4 cylinder 250cc and has won 3 championships in his respective classes so he does put his money where his mouth is)   He is also quite cognizant of the difference between a good street set up and a track set up. He will also be offering suspension seminars on Saturday afternoon/evening and maybe Friday evening.

I just thought I'd let you know in case any of you are interested in that sort of thing.
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 01:11:32 am »

Say, Wade, where is Dave going to be doing his thing?

Thanks for the heads-up!   Bigok

M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:08 am »

Sadly I doubt I will have my 98 back together by then. Would love try a pro setup on the nice suspenders.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 10:47:41 am »

Dave will be in Medford at 931 Chevy Way, it's the Motorcycle Superstore corporate headquarters, available from 10AM to 3PM, also talk of maybe some time with him Friday the 16th, more on that as it becomes available.  There is also talk of him doing a Q&A at Oregon Motorcycle Adventures/KTM shop at 4pm on Saturday.
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2014, 12:51:32 pm »

For any of you who have done a trackday with Keigwin's here on the West Coast, you will have met Dave Moss, he is the suspension guru that comes to the track and sets up bikes as part of the program.  I have had him help me multiple times and he is really good at getting all the fiddly bits just so as well as giving some really kick a$$ seminars on the way suspension works and how to get the best out of your bike.

This long and rambling preamble is the intro for my letting you know he will be in Southern Oregon setting up bikes maybe June 6th, for sure June 7th, the cost is $45 for an advance ticket, $55 at the door, he sets your sag, does all the rebound, compression stuff and he does it from having spent 20 years at race tracks around the world learning what works and what doesn't. (He runs a VFR400 with the AFM as well as a Honda 4 cylinder 250cc and has won 3 championships in his respective classes so he does put his money where his mouth is)   He is also quite cognizant of the difference between a good street set up and a track set up. He will also be offering suspension seminars on Saturday afternoon/evening and maybe Friday evening.

I just thought I'd let you know in case any of you are interested in that sort of thing.

Dave will be in Medford at 931 Chevy Way, it's the Motorcycle Superstore corporate headquarters, available from 10AM to 3PM, also talk of maybe some time with him Friday the 16th, more on that as it becomes available.  There is also talk of him doing a Q&A at Oregon Motorcycle Adventures/KTM shop at 4pm on Saturday.

OK I'm still not clear on dates and locations for Dave Moss.... Is this correct below?

Friday, June 6: Tentative
Format: TBD
Time: TBD

Saturday, June 7
Location:  Motorcycle Superstore corporate headquarters, 931 Chevy Way, Medford, OR
Format: Individual Suspension Set Up
Time: 10 AM - 3 PM
Cost: $45 in advance (who do we contact?); $55 at the door

Location: Tentative - Oregon Motorcycle Adventures/KTM (Medford?)
Format: Q&A
Time: 4 PM

Chronic
Curvemiester

Reputation 1

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '14 KTM 1190 Adventure,'14 Moto Guzzi Griso, '02 Moto Guzzi "Scura"
GPS: Visalia, Central Cali.
Miles Typed: 472

My Photo Gallery

Gonzo Motorcyclist

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 04:23:16 pm »

Well, dang!!  I was hoping to attend and meet y'all, but, once again, work gets in the way of fun Sad  ( i just gots to find a way to make early retirement happen)

I did one of these at Dr. Gill's a bunch of moons ago and had a blast.  An Ashland run really sounded good to me, too!!   Dang!!!

The Spice must flow...
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 12:05:00 am »

Yes, you have sussed out the Dave Moss thing perfectly, and I will let you know what happens with the Friday schedule.
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 13

Years Contributed: '06, '10
Motorcycles: Buell S1, BMW S1000R
GPS: Hawaii
Miles Typed: 203

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:49 pm »

Tried to make a reservation at the Relax Inn- looks like my kind of place. Whoever answered the phone either had very limited English or was pretty deaf, after a a bit of back and forth where she said "yes" or "no"or "reservation yes" without much connection to what I was saying, she hung up.
Still looks like a cool place, I'll try again tomorrow.
Has anyone else tried them?
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 02:23:05 am »

I can also go down there, make the res in person, you pay me back upon arrival if you want....and yes, they are not native English speakers, Hindi is more likely.
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 03:33:28 pm »

Thanks, but I can do it through Hotels.com. I usually try to book directly to save them the commission and sometimes get a better rate.
mcrider007

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2014 FJR-ES, 2012 S10, 2010 C14A
GPS: Kennewick, WA
Miles Typed: 350

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »

Thanks, but I can do it through Hotels.com. I usually try to book directly to save them the commission and sometimes get a better rate.

Thanks for the update, I just booked with them because Hotels.com said there were only 4 double bed rooms left for that weekend.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 03:22:38 pm »

Probably already said this...anyone who wants to though can camp at my house, room here for up to 3 tents, backyard and back porch, we will need to share shower/bathroom space, easily doable though.
katego

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: BMW R1150GS
GPS: Rat City
Miles Typed: 1019

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 02:49:48 am »

Hi all, I was talking with Stefr over the weekend & she reminded me that it is wcrm time... and since I finally have a running moto this seems like a good way to get back in the groove. Is there still a camp spot available?

-k

Squaring off tires and tipping over bikes since 2005

Riding more is better. It makes you happier especially when it is dark and the weather is just atrocious. - Mr. Subjective (January 2007)
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 01:39:46 am »

Okay spring breakers, as threatened my local riding group and I would love to host a bbq for all of you at my house on friday night.  All you will need is to pick up something for the grill and any specialty drinks you might want, very easily done, there is a great grocery store right on the way to my house.  I will have a few spare hamburgers for those who can't be bothered and will probably have a few brews in the fridge as well, just in case.  I will also make the side dishes, what I need is some kind of head count as to how many of you will be showing up.  My house is approx. 1 mile from the motels, for any of you who want to have several beverages I will happily pick you up with my truck and deliver you back at the end of the evening. I am thinking of kicking the festivities off at 6PM.  Please chime in if you are interested, thanks and I look forward to hanging out with those who arrive.
mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2014, 10:58:50 am »

Okay spring breakers, as threatened my local riding group and I would love to host a bbq for all of you at my house on friday night.  All you will need is to pick up something for the grill and any specialty drinks you might want, very easily done, there is a great grocery store right on the way to my house.  I will have a few spare hamburgers for those who can't be bothered and will probably have a few brews in the fridge as well, just in case.  I will also make the side dishes, what I need is some kind of head count as to how many of you will be showing up.  My house is approx. 1 mile from the motels, for any of you who want to have several beverages I will happily pick you up with my truck and deliver you back at the end of the evening. I am thinking of kicking the festivities off at 6PM.  Please chime in if you are interested, thanks and I look forward to hanging out with those who arrive.

Count me (plus 1) in but I need an address and starting time.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2014, 11:22:50 am »

Start time 6PMish, address is 940 Clay St., when you leave the motel/hotel area head west into town on Ashland Street, the first set of lights in town (not the ones at the freeway on/off ramp, they are stupid and should be torn down) is Tolman Creek and there is a Les Schwab tire center and a Taco Bell right there, turn left up Tolman Creek, and into the shopping center on your right.  Next to the Bi-Mart is Shop n Kart,a full service supermarket with a great selection of cool micro brews, get what you want to bring for the grill there.  Get back on Tolman Creek heading up the hill to the flashing red light and stop sign, go right on Siskiyou Blvd and follow it north for a third of a mile, left on Clay St., 3rd house on the left is 940, the houses start just after the apartment complex.

I am at your disposal for this event, so please feel free to swing by the house whenever you get here, I will be home getting things ready.  If anyone is due in early that day, let me know and I will happily share with you the fun things available to pass the hours whilst we wait for the rest to appear.
squeezer
Squirrelly Geezer

Reputation 83

Motorcycles: 16 Tiger XR(x)
GPS: The OC
Miles Typed: 5553

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 12:34:03 pm »

So bummed I can't make it this year. It's where I wanted to go.

Dang. I missed Ed's birthday again.
IBA, AMA, AARP
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 01:45:48 pm »

I'm in. Thanks.
Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »

count me in for Friday Bigok

Life's journey is not To arrive At the grave safely In a well preserved body But rather to skid In sideways Totally worn out Shouting Holy shit what a ride.
Andrew
If you think education is expensive try ignorance

Reputation 46

Motorcycles: YA I got a few
GPS: Left Coast
Miles Typed: 4801

My Photo Gallery

May you hear the music as well

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2014, 11:56:29 pm »

Will try to be there.

I will be up in Washington, fixing a car for a family member, a few days before the WCRM.

If I get done with business early you should see me in Ashland Friday evening.

"Wild seeds grow in the sand and rock, may the four winds blow you safely home again"  GD
"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod, Big wheel turn by the grace of God Everytime that wheel turns round it's bound to cover a little more ground"
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 12:40:32 am »

Well this is a bummer but we (M.Brane and I) are out. Mostly because I boffed a water crossing a couple of weekends ago and my left knee is not trustworthy.

I am definitely grumpy. Was really looking forward to this one.  

Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2014, 12:39:09 am »

Paul and I are in Lewiston ID tonight.  We will make every effort to be there Friday night for the BBQ.  

The plan for tomorrow is to do the Hells Canyon.  Friday we'll ride from Baker City to Ashland.  Should be dooable.

V'Nez nous ouère.

2005 - Banff Run   2006 - National   2007- SNOT II   2008 - National   2009 - ESTN    2010 - National & SNOB I  2012- National  2013 - SNOB III & ESTN  2014 - WCRM
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2014, 01:39:03 am »

Well this is a bummer but we (M.Brane and I) are out. Mostly because I boffed a water crossing a couple of weekends ago and my left knee is not trustworthy.

I am definitely grumpy. Was really looking forward to this one.  

Not grumpy, but disappointed. I can't in good conscious ride to Oregon by myself while my best girl sits at home nursing a severely bruised knee. You all have fun, and maybe we'll hook up on the next one.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2014, 02:43:09 am »

Ashland to Baker City is a staple ride for me, if you want route suggestions please feel free to ask.  So sorry to lose M. and Vffer, was really looking forward to showing you where the deer all live.
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2014, 09:42:07 am »

Not grumpy, but disappointed. I can't in good conscious ride to Oregon by myself while my best girl sits at home nursing a severely bruised knee. You all have fun, and maybe we'll hook up on the next one.

Inlove

Ashland to Baker City is a staple ride for me, if you want route suggestions please feel free to ask.  So sorry to lose M. and Vffer, was really looking forward to showing you where the deer all live.

Oh gee thanks for that.  Lol

mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2014, 10:27:03 pm »

Craig and I are spending the night in Prineville after a late start today.  See everyone tomorrow.
bubba zanetti

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2014, 11:13:20 pm »

Excited ( well perhaps looking forward to is bit more real ... eh?) to hear updates from a great town, a grand idea and memorable folks! Colour me jealous !  I am a NorcSouOrgarian by not only inclination, but practice.
Enjoy !  

Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 12:09:25 am »

just got in a round 7pm (Thursday) came in from Fort Brag and only hit I5 for 30 miles. Can you say back roads and dirt ones as well. Any body want to do some off road Friday?
Jim

Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 12:10:41 am »

Staying at the super 8

Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 12:45:35 am »

We'll probably check in at the Super 8 also tomorrow.  

V'Nez nous ouère.

Spectre
seriously disturbed toon

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07, '09
Motorcycles: old kawasakis
GPS: Boise, Idaho
Miles Typed: 182

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2014, 10:56:58 am »

Packing furiously, haven't seen you guys and gals in awhile.... spur of the moment, see you at the bbq.
via... vale,burns, christmas valley, chiloquin, north side of klamath lake, dead indian rd. to 940 clay st ashland, or. about 4:30- 5:30pm.
Will be looking for a room  or extra bed if anyone has one.

Jeff

KZ 1100-d2, KZ 750-n, circa. 1982, H2 750 1972, zg-1200 b1 voyager, wr250 2001

just remember.....if you don't ride them,they DIE!
katego

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: BMW R1150GS
GPS: Rat City
Miles Typed: 1019

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2014, 11:22:04 am »

Have fun everyone! Today is my fella's birthday.... not a good idea to spirit off on a solo moto trip. Maybe will see some of you on the Banf run!

-k

Squaring off tires and tipping over bikes since 2005

Riding more is better. It makes you happier especially when it is dark and the weather is just atrocious. - Mr. Subjective (January 2007)
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2014, 11:49:05 pm »

When Ashland was picked for this year I could not really figure out why - didn't look like much on the map. Boy was I wrong! After a day of riding  with rc30boy on wonderful twisty nearly no traffic roads that are beautifully engineered and well maintained, I am a convert. The only problems are that I only have one bike (endless dual sport opportunitys) and not enough time. Ashland is the real deal.
squeezer
Squirrelly Geezer

Reputation 83

Motorcycles: 16 Tiger XR(x)
GPS: The OC
Miles Typed: 5553

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2014, 12:03:03 am »

Totally jealous. Hope you guys are having fun.

Dang. I missed Ed's birthday again.
IBA, AMA, AARP
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2014, 01:31:57 am »

Totally jealous. Hope you guys are having fun.

+1
mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2014, 09:25:42 am »

When Ashland was picked for this year I could not really figure out why - didn't look like much on the map. Boy was I wrong! After a day of riding  with rc30boy on wonderful twisty nearly no traffic roads that are beautifully engineered and well maintained, I am a convert. The only problems are that I only have one bike (endless dual sport opportunitys) and not enough time. Ashland is the real deal.

Same here, we decided to ride Cal 96 to Happy Camp and then head north and had a great day ride.  There seemed to be an endless supply of back roads that were curvy with some serious elevation changes.  Sorry we have to bail early Sunday morning but its a long ride home and one of us has to be at work tomorrow morning.
Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2014, 11:44:07 am »

Paul and I followed Explorer yesterday down Rte 96 to Eureka.  He then led us around the lost coast and back to Eureka where we stayed for the night.  

Today, Paul and I are continuing our journey.  We are now two weeks in our 5-6 week trip.  

Thanks to Wade for hosting the BBQ Friday night.  

V'Nez nous ouère.

Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

I'm broken down in Eureka waiting for a ride from my sister in law. to come all the way from the bay-area to get me.

viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2014, 02:16:22 pm »

Oh no! Hope she comes quick.

How many made it WCRM? We are so bummed to miss the deer ride this area. Thanks for the updates from knobnose and mcrider. Nice to see Acadian Rider and his friend made it.

rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2014, 11:02:00 pm »

Oh no! Hope she comes quick.

How many made it WCRM? We are so bummed to miss the deer ride this area. Thanks for the updates from knobnose and mcrider. Nice to see Acadian Rider and his friend made it.

So friday night there were 8 STN'ers, about 15 MotorPsychos (my local riding crew) and Dave Moss at my house for a bbq that I would like to think went quite well.  On Saturday Spectre, Knobnose and I did a 275 mile wander whilst others found there own routes.  The majority packed up and went home today, Knobnose stayed on though and joined in with the 'psychos for our standard Sunday run.  I hope everyone who showed up had a good time, would like to think that maybe as time goes on we will start getting back to the days of 30 and 40 bikes at WCRM's.  Oh yeah Viffer, no deer, did have a bear cub run across in front of me though.
viffergyrl

Reputation 31

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2014, 02:10:32 am »

Hey that sounds really cool! Thanks so much for hosting. Maybe when Ashland comes around in the rotation people will be more willing to take a chance.

Now we need pictures.

And Explorer do check in - did you get rescued?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »

So friday night there were 8 STN'ers, about 15 MotorPsychos (my local riding crew) and Dave Moss at my house for a bbq that I would like to think went quite well.  On Saturday Spectre, Knobnose and I did a 275 mile wander whilst others found there own routes.  The majority packed up and went home today, Knobnose stayed on though and joined in with the 'psychos for our standard Sunday run.  I hope everyone who showed up had a good time, would like to think that maybe as time goes on we will start getting back to the days of 30 and 40 bikes at WCRM's.  Oh yeah Viffer, no deer, did have a bear cub run across in front of me though.

I'm not sure how Wade got to 8 STN'ers Friday night unless he was counting himself but I only counted 5 travelers from the West Coast....and only 1 from California.  Quite a change from my first WCRM in 2006 when 60 attended in Fortuna.  I have only missed one WCRM (2011) since 2006 and the attendance has been pretty low since 2009.   Why?  I don't think the endless polls have helped the attendance, every year the votes cast are at least double the attendance.  Are riders boycotting the event if their location and time are not selected?

Wade put a lot of time and effort into organizing a very nice event and Ashland is the real deal for some great riding, its a shame that the attendance was so dismal.....even lower than WCRM 13.5 held in Baker City last September.  What is it going to take to get STN'ers to actually ride their bikes to a WCRM?

Thanks again Wade, it was a fun BBQ and great Saturday ride.  Sorry we missed you at dinner Saturday night but life got in the way.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2014, 02:36:35 pm »

Yeah, counted myself and Paul who was along with Acadian and not strictly an STN'er.  Thanks for the thumbs up, there is a lot of really good riding here and it would be fun to host something more lively.
Spectre
seriously disturbed toon

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07, '09
Motorcycles: old kawasakis
GPS: Boise, Idaho
Miles Typed: 182

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »

Got back late Monday, to much exploring........all in all, one of the best day rides and weekend get together STN event I've been to.  Weather, perfect (no rain)roads, fabulous, scenery, breathtaking, friends, a plenty, host, excellent well organized generous.

The Ride, is the defining part of weekend STN event.  Tho we had a goodtime , rc30boy, knobnose, and myself,  MORE IS FUNNER.
If you were not familiar with the area, this was a chance to get an outfitted tour of Ashland, the surrounding communities, and things to see and do. Once you see the whole picture, you get a appreciation of Ashland and what it has to offer the motorcycle community. Being centrally located, so to speak, in the West Coast region of the STN group, provides access to all, even for Hawaii, eh knobnose?

Thanks to all our Canadian friends for your participation.  Paul, Leon, hope your travels are everything you planned and more!   Leon 9 yrs was along time ago since the last time we met, so maybe sooner this time around......Banff Run?
Hope the Human GPS, Explorer Jim is back home for work and everything is OK.

Last, but surely not least, our host Wade.  Thanks for everything and the memories. You have great organizational skills.  As an honorary member of the Motopsychos of the Rouge River Valley, Boise charter(I have the hat to prove it!), I  promise to drag kicking and screaming any and all motopsychos needing a twisty fix to, Ashland Oregon for reeducation.  It's been a pleasure attending the 1st Annual Ashland "Turning Fuel into Adrenaline"( Did I quote that right?)Weekend.  Hopefully the word will spread this into annual must do event for STN'rs around the world!

See ya on the road,
Jeff
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:40:43 pm by Spectre » Logged

KZ 1100-d2, KZ 750-n, circa. 1982, H2 750 1972, zg-1200 b1 voyager, wr250 2001

just remember.....if you don't ride them,they DIE!
Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2014, 05:50:59 pm »

got home Sunday night thanks to my sister-in law

mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »

Yeah, counted myself and Paul who was along with Acadian and not strictly an STN'er.  Thanks for the thumbs up, there is a lot of really good riding here and it would be fun to host something more lively.

I'm sure there is a lot of great riding, especially for my S10, and now that I know where you live....who needs a WCRM to ride Ashland?  I bet you don't even bother to lock your doors when you leave the house.  Bigsmile
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2014, 09:14:24 pm »

I'm sure there is a lot of great riding, especially for my S10, and now that I know where you live....who needs a WCRM to ride Ashland?  I bet you don't even bother to lock your doors when you leave the house.  Bigsmile

Actually you are correct, I don't lock up if I'm only gone for the day...and I am so glad you all enjoyed the riding, and yes Spectre, you got the quote right.
bubba zanetti

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2014, 12:26:11 pm »

Not one pic?  Headscratch  

It is worrisome this once fabled event is barely breathing. Must resuscitate !!
mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2014, 07:30:43 pm »

It is worrisome this once fabled event is barely breathing. Must resuscitate !!

Good summary!  Maybe we could resuscitate WCRM by moving it to another region.
TheGoose

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '0lulz
Motorcycles: 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Miles Typed: 1047

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 03:02:55 pm »

I haven't made it to a WCRM since the first, or been on STN in several years. But... I'm looking at making motorcycling, if not a priority, at least a near to daily activity again. Truth be told I didn't even know my account was still active. Anyhow, hopefully there will be another WCRM in 2015.
bubba zanetti

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 04:19:07 pm »

Part of the tradition is the WCRM.5 in September/October and has a few locations over the years. Last year, a few of us piggy backed onto PNW Rider's event in Baker City, Oregon ( one of my favourite places btw) and stayed at the super motorcycle friendly and very reasonable Oregon Trail Motel. Hard to beat and great riding in the vicinity including Hell's Canyon.  Been to Baker/Oregon Trail Motel a number of times and the ride from here is always a treat.

I would have thought Ashland would be appealing, but it is lesser known that many places. Baker is an option for next WCRM but a long way for folks in Southern Cal. Hell, I would host a WCRM in Casltegar but that is even further though many have made the trip from afar.
TheGoose

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '0lulz
Motorcycles: 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Miles Typed: 1047

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 04:56:18 pm »

Ashland is beautiful, I've been through there a couple of times.

As for BC, I had entirely too much fun in Nelson the last night of a ride up into your neck of the woods. Made for a very painful ride back to Seattle the following day. Baker would be nice as it's so close. Never been to Baker City.
XLR8
Does not wear Crocs

Reputation 8

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: C14
GPS: Pacific Northwest
Miles Typed: 4090

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »

Ashland is beautiful, I've been through there a couple of times.

As for BC, I had entirely too much fun in Nelson the last night of a ride up into your neck of the woods. Made for a very painful ride back to Seattle the following day. Baker would be nice as it's so close. Never been to Baker City.

Nothing to see in Baker City. Nobody ever goes there. Fossil is the shit tho.
bubba zanetti

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 07:20:54 pm »

Nothing to see in Baker City. Nobody ever goes there. Antelope is the shit tho.
I remember taking the oath, sorta.  But clearly I forgot the intent.  Bash FTFY antelope !
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:24:00 pm by bubba zanetti » Logged
mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2014, 01:29:20 pm »

Part of the tradition is the WCRM.5 in September/October and has a few locations over the years. Last year, a few of us piggy backed onto PNW Rider's event in Baker City, Oregon ( one of my favourite places btw) and stayed at the super motorcycle friendly and very reasonable Oregon Trail Motel. Hard to beat and great riding in the vicinity including Hell's Canyon.

If  you want to return to Baker City, PNWRiders is having its Fall ride to Baker City on Saturday, September 13, and the room rates at the Oregon Trail are going to be the same as last year ($38 single bed, $49 double beds.....including tax).  That rate is also good for Friday night, just tell them you are part of "Steve's Ride" when you make reservations.
Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2014, 09:09:22 am »

Paul and I are back home safe and sound after 39 days and 12k miles.  

The only issue we had is that I got a rear tire puncture on the way back but we were able to plug it and it held.  

A ride report will follow but don't hold your breath, I haven't even started working on it yet.  

Cheers!  

V'Nez nous ouère.

miles

Reputation 85

Motorcycles: A couple of them.
Miles Typed: 13032

My Photo Gallery

Triangles are my favorite shape

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2014, 09:23:56 am »

Paul and I are back home safe and sound after 39 days and 12k miles.  

The only issue we had is that I got a rear tire puncture on the way back but we were able to plug it and it held.  

A ride report will follow but don't hold your breath, I haven't even started working on it yet.  

Cheers!  

39 days?  It seems you need lessons in map reading.

Three points where two lines meet
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2014, 03:45:50 pm »

I would love to be able to get away for that long. Looking forward to the report.
With that much time, too bad you couldn't have stayed a bit longer in Ashland.
Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »

39 days?  It seems you need lessons in map reading.

We had a loooooong list of roads to ride and places to see.   Bigsmile

With that much time, too bad you couldn't have stayed a bit longer in Ashland.

See above answer.   Smile

V'Nez nous ouère.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal