Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: WCRM 2014 Ashland Oregon June 6, 7 and 8th  (Read 38193 times)

viffergyrl

Reputation 32

Motorcycles: 99 Honda VFR 800 2001 Ducati ST4
GPS: 1 hour northwest of LA-LA Land....
Miles Typed: 1301

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »

try it for yourself.
tripadvisor.  put in ashland, OR.  for hotels.  Relax Inn doesn't show.

Orbitz.  put in ashland, OR.  hotel only (no airline tickets).  click.  Relax Inn doesn't show.

On TripAdvisor it is under B&Bs and Inns (not hotels). If you search specifically for the Relax Inn on TripAdvisor it shows up. Yeah... it's not a hotel apparently.

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

1999 Honda VFR 800 (the Vixen) 2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 19

Motorcycles: 05 FJR, 91 ZX-11 - SOLD!
GPS: Covington WA
Miles Typed: 3499

My Photo Gallery

What we have here is failure to communicate

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

Or you could just click my link.  Bigok

ATGATT - All the Garbage all the time
viffergyrl

Reputation 32

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

I'm telling you... it takes a village sometimes.  Lol

Don't argue with an idiot; people might not be able to tell the difference - Anonymous

Advertisement

MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 2627

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22:56 pm »

Coming from you, that just sounds naughty.   Lol

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
XLR8
Does not wear Crocs

Reputation 8

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: C14
GPS: Pacific Northwest
Miles Typed: 4090

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

I guess I need to see if I can make this ride. I got a new job in March and I've been waiting to see how the timing will work out with all the new stuff I need to do.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

GPS: Southern Oregon, USA
Miles Typed: 206

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:33 pm »

UHOH, I will get pics if time permits, will tell you it is older, least well kept, seemed clean though, and there is a reason they only charge $45 or $50 a night when all the other places close by run almost double that, some triple.  For those who made the meet in Weaverville last June, on par with the Motel we stayed in there...and to be clear, on par means relatively close to...
Explorer
Back roads master

Reputation 36

Years Contributed: '06, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 92 Klr 650, 02 Fz1, 89 TransAlp
GPS: CA, bay area
Miles Typed: 1704

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:15 pm »

Looks like I'm in for some Dual sporting.
Jim

Life's journey is not To arrive At the grave safely In a well preserved body But rather to skid In sideways Totally worn out Shouting Holy shit what a ride.
denydog
Ready to Ride! (as long as it's not raining)

Reputation 15

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: 1982 Suzuki GS 1100E - BMW K1200R Sport - Barb's Suzuki GS500
GPS: Near Seattle Wa
Miles Typed: 1772

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 10:03:10 pm »

I might be up for the trip this year. Appreciation to rc30boy for doing the legwork.
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2 VFRs & a GTS
GPS: 1 hr N/W of LA LA Land
Miles Typed: 2850

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 02:23:31 am »

UHOH, I will get pics if time permits, will tell you it is older, least well kept, seemed clean though, and there is a reason they only charge $45 or $50 a night when all the other places close by run almost double that, some triple.  For those who made the meet in Weaverville last June, on par with the Motel we stayed in there...and to be clear, on par means relatively close to...

I had no real complaints about the Trinity. The sheets were clean. The shower, and the A/C worked. I could park my bike a couple feet from my door. I could walk to the liquor store. I could stay up 'till nearly midnight drinking, and yakkin' in the commonway before anyone complained.

My kinda place.
viffergyrl

Reputation 32

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 01:16:01 pm »

Reservations made at the Best Western Windsor. M.Brane and I are in for this fieldmeet.  Bigok

Who else?

Is there any interest in having a motel with a block of rooms and have that be the 'host' motel? It's a month away so not sure we can get a block, but we can try. And no we're not having another poll.

Acadian Rider

Reputation 34

Years Contributed: '06, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: 2017 Super Ténéré ES
GPS: Moncton N.B. Canada
Miles Typed: 1155

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 07:18:12 am »

I cannot commit at 100% but there's a possibility that I'll attend for at least 1 night.  Let me explain.  

Paul (Riding friend) and I are planning to leave Moncton (Canadian East Coast) on May 24th and ride all the way to California and back.  We are looking at a 5-6 week / 12,000 mile trip.  If everything goes according to plan, the itinerary we have drawn up would put us in the Ashland area on the same dates as the WCRM.  

It would be nice for us East Coast folks to meet some of the West Coast folks.  

The Best Western looks like a nice place to stay but we won't reserve until the dates approach and we have a better handle on where we'll be on those dates.  

V'Nez nous ouère.

2005 - Banff Run   2006 - National   2007- SNOT II   2008 - National   2009 - ESTN    2010 - National & SNOB I  2012- National  2013 - SNOB III & ESTN  2014 - WCRM
viffergyrl

Reputation 32

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 09:20:13 am »

That. Would. Be. Awesome. Hope the stars align. Thumbsup

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 10:36:59 am »

For any of you who have done a trackday with Keigwin's here on the West Coast, you will have met Dave Moss, he is the suspension guru that comes to the track and sets up bikes as part of the program.  I have had him help me multiple times and he is really good at getting all the fiddly bits just so as well as giving some really kick a$$ seminars on the way suspension works and how to get the best out of your bike.

This long and rambling preamble is the intro for my letting you know he will be in Southern Oregon setting up bikes maybe June 6th, for sure June 7th, the cost is $45 for an advance ticket, $55 at the door, he sets your sag, does all the rebound, compression stuff and he does it from having spent 20 years at race tracks around the world learning what works and what doesn't. (He runs a VFR400 with the AFM as well as a Honda 4 cylinder 250cc and has won 3 championships in his respective classes so he does put his money where his mouth is)   He is also quite cognizant of the difference between a good street set up and a track set up. He will also be offering suspension seminars on Saturday afternoon/evening and maybe Friday evening.

I just thought I'd let you know in case any of you are interested in that sort of thing.
MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 2627

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 01:11:32 am »

Say, Wade, where is Dave going to be doing his thing?

Thanks for the heads-up!   Bigok

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
M.Brane
Owner of many Vs

Reputation 4

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2 VFRs & a GTS
GPS: 1 hr N/W of LA LA Land
Miles Typed: 2850

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:08 am »

Sadly I doubt I will have my 98 back together by then. Would love try a pro setup on the nice suspenders.
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 10:47:41 am »

Dave will be in Medford at 931 Chevy Way, it's the Motorcycle Superstore corporate headquarters, available from 10AM to 3PM, also talk of maybe some time with him Friday the 16th, more on that as it becomes available.  There is also talk of him doing a Q&A at Oregon Motorcycle Adventures/KTM shop at 4pm on Saturday.
viffergyrl

Reputation 32

My Photo Gallery

Road Witch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2014, 12:51:32 pm »

For any of you who have done a trackday with Keigwin's here on the West Coast, you will have met Dave Moss, he is the suspension guru that comes to the track and sets up bikes as part of the program.  I have had him help me multiple times and he is really good at getting all the fiddly bits just so as well as giving some really kick a$$ seminars on the way suspension works and how to get the best out of your bike.

This long and rambling preamble is the intro for my letting you know he will be in Southern Oregon setting up bikes maybe June 6th, for sure June 7th, the cost is $45 for an advance ticket, $55 at the door, he sets your sag, does all the rebound, compression stuff and he does it from having spent 20 years at race tracks around the world learning what works and what doesn't. (He runs a VFR400 with the AFM as well as a Honda 4 cylinder 250cc and has won 3 championships in his respective classes so he does put his money where his mouth is)   He is also quite cognizant of the difference between a good street set up and a track set up. He will also be offering suspension seminars on Saturday afternoon/evening and maybe Friday evening.

I just thought I'd let you know in case any of you are interested in that sort of thing.

Dave will be in Medford at 931 Chevy Way, it's the Motorcycle Superstore corporate headquarters, available from 10AM to 3PM, also talk of maybe some time with him Friday the 16th, more on that as it becomes available.  There is also talk of him doing a Q&A at Oregon Motorcycle Adventures/KTM shop at 4pm on Saturday.

OK I'm still not clear on dates and locations for Dave Moss.... Is this correct below?

Friday, June 6: Tentative
Format: TBD
Time: TBD

Saturday, June 7
Location:  Motorcycle Superstore corporate headquarters, 931 Chevy Way, Medford, OR
Format: Individual Suspension Set Up
Time: 10 AM - 3 PM
Cost: $45 in advance (who do we contact?); $55 at the door

Location: Tentative - Oregon Motorcycle Adventures/KTM (Medford?)
Format: Q&A
Time: 4 PM

Chronic
Curvemiester

Reputation 1

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '14 KTM 1190 Adventure,'14 Moto Guzzi Griso, '02 Moto Guzzi "Scura"
GPS: Visalia, Central Cali.
Miles Typed: 472

My Photo Gallery

Gonzo Motorcyclist

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 04:23:16 pm »

Well, dang!!  I was hoping to attend and meet y'all, but, once again, work gets in the way of fun Sad  ( i just gots to find a way to make early retirement happen)

I did one of these at Dr. Gill's a bunch of moons ago and had a blast.  An Ashland run really sounded good to me, too!!   Dang!!!

The Spice must flow...
rc30boy

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 12:05:00 am »

Yes, you have sussed out the Dave Moss thing perfectly, and I will let you know what happens with the Friday schedule.
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '06, '10
Motorcycles: Buell S1, BMW S1000R
GPS: Hawaii
Miles Typed: 215

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:49 pm »

Tried to make a reservation at the Relax Inn- looks like my kind of place. Whoever answered the phone either had very limited English or was pretty deaf, after a a bit of back and forth where she said "yes" or "no"or "reservation yes" without much connection to what I was saying, she hung up.
Still looks like a cool place, I'll try again tomorrow.
Has anyone else tried them?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal