Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Suggested photo location ideas on Oregon coast for mc brochure?  (Read 1274 times)

sagerat
Ural Tourist; BMW R1200GS Adventure

Reputation 12

GPS: Central Orygun
Miles Typed: 5684

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »

Greetings,
A riding friend is working on a brochure and needs suggestions for a location on the Oregon coast to have a pic of a bike with the ocean in the background.  I gave a couple (Otter Crest, Sand Lake, Cape Kiwanda, 101 between Port Orford and Humbbug Mtn, Devil's Elbow-Heceta head area), but figure those with more local knowledge might have special spots to suggest.  I need for to pass along the ideas by Mon, June 9.  TIA.

The poster formerly known as VFRfan

Money can buy motorcycles, which means money can buy happiness
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

bubba zanetti
2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 16 Dr650.

Reputation 69

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Kootenays British Columbia above the US eh ...eh?
Miles Typed: 6819

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 02:14:26 pm »

Greetings,
A riding friend is working on a brochure and needs suggestions for a location on the Oregon coast to have a pic of a bike with the ocean in the background.  I gave a couple (Otter Crest, Sand Lake, Cape Kiwanda, 101 between Port Orford and Humbbug Mtn, Devil's Elbow-Heceta head area), but figure those with more local knowledge might have special spots to suggest.  I need for to pass along the ideas by Mon, June 9.  TIA.

Just north of Manzanita, looking back at Nehalem Bay from the highway pull out is pretty iconic. Just north of Depoe Bay there is the Boiler Bay overlook with a little road around the point that makes for great pics.

Oh and just south of Cape Sebastian State Park ... Hunters Cove and the creek there at Myer's Beach

Not my pic
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:16:13 pm by bubba zanetti » Logged
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 162

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
GPS: Clemmons, NC
Miles Typed: 12029

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »

Cannon Beach is home of Haystack rock.  There are a few locations off the road which you can get a great shot of a bike and the rock (assuming the bike needs to be in the shot).

Eloca State Park is nearby.  But, I'm not sure if there are areas which you can get a bike and the scenery in the shot.

You can even see Haystack in the distance from Eloca.

http://rodeonexis.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/ecola-vista-full-copy.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal