Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: 2014 streetglide  (Read 3077 times)

tile

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: goldwing
Miles Typed: 13

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:28 pm »

I bought a 2014 streetglide standard, and could not get used to such a rough ride.Went to the dealer and was told the streetglide special had a coil suspension with a preload adjuster. I test road the streetglide special and found the ride way more comfortable, anyone has the same issues? Thanks
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

1KPerDay
Ride to eat, eat to ride

Reputation 27

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Honda GL1800A, Harley XR1200, BMW R90/6
Miles Typed: 10830

My Photo Gallery

Arbiter of good taste

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:39:22 am »

the new premium shocks are supposed to be better.

However, IMO people who buy "lowered/slammed" bikes don't get to complain very much about the quality of the ride.  Wink

Experience the ultimate in ride quality with these Premium Touring Shocks. These shocks utilize a single tube, nitrogen charged emulsion design.

Standard Ride height model

Offers enhanced compression and rebound damping compared to the Original Equipment-style air adjustable shocks
Provides a controlled yet plush ride with less bottoming
Compression and rebound damping is split between the two shocks - compression on the right and rebound on the left
Design balances the load of each shock; stiff spring with rebound damping on the left and soft spring with compression damping on the right
Larger chambers (40mm diameter pistons & 14mm rods) allow these shocks to react more quickly to impacts - this keeps the tires tracking while minimizing harshness transmitted through the frame
Knob behind the left saddlebag allows the rider to conveniently modify the spring preload via a hydraulic adjuster
Available in Standard Ride Height and Low Ride Height versions

Time is cruel. And so are bacon cheeseburgers.
Rattlehead
part of a dying breed- the stubborn DIY-er

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2005 Buell XB12R
Miles Typed: 377

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 12:09:14 pm »

Just a crazy thought here; why doesn't a $20k bike come with "premium" shocks to begin with?
Yes, I'm being facetious.  Wink

insert witty saying here.
Advertisement

1KPerDay
Ride to eat, eat to ride

Reputation 27

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Honda GL1800A, Harley XR1200, BMW R90/6
Miles Typed: 10830

My Photo Gallery

Arbiter of good taste

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »

They spend all their money on fringe and conchos and Officially Licensed Bandanas. Doi... Bigok

Time is cruel. And so are bacon cheeseburgers.
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »

the new premium shocks are supposed to be better.

However, IMO people who buy "lowered/slammed" bikes don't get to complain very much about the quality of the ride.  Wink

+1

I jacked my shit up with aftermarket shocks, and did a full RaceTech fork rebuild (both Harleys) and they became fully usable and very, very enjoyable.

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
Roadscum

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '15 BMW R12R, '12 Vespa 300', '15 BMW GSA, '13 BMW F800GT (in Europe)
GPS: SW Florida
Miles Typed: 481

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:50:38 pm »

Harley buyers should not have high hopes about performance, that's not what they sell. They sell life style.
Ya ride what puts a smile on your face and H-D does that for many many owners.

Paul
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:49:32 pm »

Harley buyers should not have high hopes about performance, that's not what they sell. They sell life style.
Ya ride what puts a smile on your face and H-D does that for many many owners.

Paul

Eh, they don't perform any worse than any other bike after you tickle the suspension a bit and realize its limitations... just like any other bike.

They make a fine, fine bike; they're just too eager to give in to the boulevard cruising mindset and slam and stretch stuff. Shrug

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
Roadscum

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '15 BMW R12R, '12 Vespa 300', '15 BMW GSA, '13 BMW F800GT (in Europe)
GPS: SW Florida
Miles Typed: 481

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 02:54:31 pm »

Eh, they don't perform any worse than any other bike after you tickle the suspension a bit and realize its limitations... just like any other bike.

They make a fine, fine bike; they're just too eager to give in to the boulevard cruising mindset and slam and stretch stuff. Shrug

Yep, realize it's limitation and you're good to go. I've owned several H-D's, the last was a new '04 Road Glide that I had "tickled".... a lot. Traxxion did the suspension, added 6 spd by Baker, motor making 112 hp and 116ft lbs. and it still had it's limitations. It was a fastw256789,. fine handling H-D, but limited by it's weight and frame/steering geometry. It was a very good touring H-D , nothing more, nothing less.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal