Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Motocamping with a Guy I Met on the Internet  (Read 3392 times)

kaosbandit

Reputation 55

Motorcycles: 2006 FJR1300, 2002 FZ1, 2004 KLR650
Miles Typed: 104

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:53:13 am »

You ever just set out on a motocamping trip with somebody you never met before? I have! It worked out pretty good. Check it out.

http://www.spiritstrike.com/blog/2014/7/2/motocamping-with-a-guy-i-met-on-the-internet
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

davenay67

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: '97 H.A.B. 1200, '00 KDX-200 '02 TTR-125L (kids bike), '04 TTR-90E (kids bike)
GPS: Lisle, IL
Miles Typed: 472

My Photo Gallery

Wild One in training....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

Nice little story..!!

Spirit Strike:

Psalm 19:1 NIV "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

Sitting at that campsite and being immersed in creation is something I don't think we get to do enough of. Listening to the turkeys up on the ridge scratch around, seeing the hawks and deer passing by, and watching the fireflies light up in waves down that creek just reminded me how much wonder is in the natural world. We often forget to appreciate the nature around us. We get trapped in our fluorescent lighting and cube farms and if we aren't careful we will miss out on the best parts our short lives have to offer.

Have you ever had to step back and make adjustments in life to keep from spending your entire existence chasing a dollar? Have you ever been in danger of being swallowed up by “stuff”? If so, I would love to hear your story and what changes you made in order to maintain balance and keep focus on what’s important in life.

Every day is a battle to live to the fullest with the means at our disposal. A balancing act of weighing the need for money, but the time for life.

I took up riding in the dirt as a way to get my boys out of the house and enjoying a hobby that puts them squarely on the middle of nature. Classic case of battling the lov of electronic devices and sitting indoors all day. I tried team sports and they didn't care much for that. They love camping and are taking to the dirt nicely. My goal for the year is to get them out for a moto-camping trip for a couple of days.

'81 CB250RS (sold), '81 GS550e (sold), '97 GS500E (sold), '94 GSXR-750 (sold), '02 Daytona 955i (sold), '02Ninja 250 (sold), '92 Trident 900 (sold)
kaosbandit

Reputation 55

Motorcycles: 2006 FJR1300, 2002 FZ1, 2004 KLR650
Miles Typed: 104

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:05:21 pm »

Nice little story..!!

Every day is a battle to live to the fullest with the means at our disposal. A balancing act of weighing the need for money, but the time for life.

I took up riding in the dirt as a way to get my boys out of the house and enjoying a hobby that puts them squarely on the middle of nature. Classic case of battling the lov of electronic devices and sitting indoors all day. I tried team sports and they didn't care much for that. They love camping and are taking to the dirt nicely. My goal for the year is to get them out for a moto-camping trip for a couple of days.

Very well said. My son just turned a year old, but I can't wait to take him riding and camping when he gets bigger. So much is lost when kids get stuck behind a screen all the time.
Advertisement

GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »

You ever just set out on a motocamping trip with somebody you never met before?

Ya, had such a great experience the first time that it became my MO for several years... mostly with folks from the STOC crew around the country.

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal