Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: 2014 WCRM .5. 9/19-21 The Dalles,Or.  (Read 41868 times)

Spectre
seriously disturbed toon

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07, '09
Motorcycles: old kawasakis
GPS: Boise, Idaho
Miles Typed: 182

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 11:32:22 am »

.....well there was this meet in Baker City ...... I and crickets. 😕

Oh well, leaving Yakima, back roads to Miltonfrewater, Elgin, Enterprise , Joseph, Cambridge,  Weiser, and back to Boise before  DEERthirty if things go right.

Have fun,
Jeff

KZ 1100-d2, KZ 750-n, circa. 1982, H2 750 1972, zg-1200 b1 voyager, wr250 2001

just remember.....if you don't ride them,they DIE!
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

mcrider007

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2014 FJR-ES, 2012 S10, 2010 C14A
GPS: Kennewick, WA
Miles Typed: 350

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2014, 02:37:49 pm »

Was this the most poorly-executed Meet in history??  Crazy

I don't see anything wrong with the execution....the 2 riders who said they would attend were there.  I would say the problem was an almost total lack of interest....which increasingly seems to be the norm for Region 1 Meets.
Nodaclu
Laps Timed By Sundial

Reputation 24

Years Contributed: '08
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Pending...
GPS: Sacramento, CA
Miles Typed: 1471

My Photo Gallery

Wait...what?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with the execution....the 2 riders who said they would attend were there.  I would say the problem was an almost total lack of interest....which increasingly seems to be the norm for Region 1 Meets.

I was interested, I just happened to be in Maui for the weekend that was chosen. Any other weekend would have been great. Bummed to see the problems with this one. Makes me think there may never be another one, just as I'm finally freed up to make the meets, especially the summer one.  Sad

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle...
Advertisement

Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: '01 Bandit 1200S
GPS: Reno, NV
Miles Typed: 7785

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2014, 04:17:28 pm »

Was this the most poorly-executed Meet in history??  Crazy

Should have started a rumor that you'd be there.

When you come to a fork in the road, lick the spoon.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 77

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15114

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2014, 05:29:00 pm »

Should have started a rumor that you'd be there.

Lol

Ok, maybe it was executed just fine, as mcrider mentioned. I can't say that I was following every post in this thread  Embarassment

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2014, 12:56:23 am »

I was interested, I just happened to be in Maui for the weekend that was chosen. Any other weekend would have been great. Bummed to see the problems with this one. Makes me think there may never be another one, just as I'm finally freed up to make the meets, especially the summer one.  Sad

Maybe my memory is bad and I am confusing you with someone else but it seems like every year you have been on this forum you say the same thing about the WCRMs....I really want to go....but can't make it this year either because I have no money, no bike, family commitments, etc.....but I'll be there next year for sure.  How many WCRM's have you actually attended?  Not a single one that I am aware of and I have been to 8 WCRMs since 2006.  Have you attended any of the WCRM.5 meets?

Expressing interest is great but it becomes pretty meaningless unless there is some attendance to go along with it and this year's attendance at both WCRM and WCRM.5 absolutely ...........(fill in the space).  It may be time to do what the mass majority is already doing.....something else.
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2014, 01:09:48 am »

I went, I rode, I drank beer. Bigok I give the execution a 10. The three of us who went met up @ the saloon and then had breakfast this morning before heading our separate ways.

I would've liked to have been able to arrive Friday night but I couldn't leave until late Saturday morning. It worked for me and my friend who rode down from Olympia - I can't speak for knobnose, who arranged it, but I can say the location, facilities were great. So glad I got to make a wcrm even if only one other STNer did. Bigsmile
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 77

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2014, 11:50:27 am »

So glad I got to make a wcrm even if only one other STNer did. Bigsmile

Beerchug

"Quality, not quantity"

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 249

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300 & 2016 Bandit 1250
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 2224

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 02:51:37 pm »

WOW, just WOW. Ten bazillion people live in Reg 1 and how many belong to this site?! When I was a lurker years ago I attended a Reg 2 meet and there were riders from several states and an attendance of 30-40? What's going on with Reg 1?

I have family obligations that prevented me from going on this ride.

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '06 FJR1300(2 wks), '12 FJR1300
stefrrr

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »

I have family obligations that prevented me from going on this ride.

Erm, you probably just answered your own question there. Life happens. I don't understand all the whinging about low attendance - especially from people who didn't go. It's not a big deal. Go or don't. These are supposed to be fun. We don't have a quota.
knobnose
Geezer

Reputation 13

Years Contributed: '06, '10
Motorcycles: Buell S1, BMW S1000R
GPS: Hawaii
Miles Typed: 203

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 04:12:01 pm »

Had a good ride (still riding South), met a couple of nice people, ate,drank beer and solved most of the world's problems - what more could I ask?
There are some nice and interesting roads on the Washington side of The Gorge, however, I learned that Destination Highways is in need of revision. Some of their "best" roads have deteriorated badly since the reviews were published.
Blunder
The 10th Reindeer

Reputation 30

Motorcycles: '01 Bandit 1200S
GPS: Reno, NV
Miles Typed: 7785

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »

Let's declare this a success. The attendees rode some good roads,  shared a meal, then rode home on some more good roads.

Did anyone take fotos? Bob M wants to know.

When you come to a fork in the road, lick the spoon.
stefrrr

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 05:08:47 pm »

Yes! Will upload tomorrow, probably. Got home kind of late last night. (Forest road 25 is rough northbound!)  EEK!
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 77

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:03 am »

(Forest road 25 is rough northbound!)  EEK!

I see that some things never change  Bigsmile

Member since 2003
Nodaclu
Laps Timed By Sundial

Reputation 24

My Photo Gallery

Wait...what?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2014, 07:48:05 pm »

Maybe my memory is bad and I am confusing you with someone else but it seems like every year you have been on this forum you say the same thing about the WCRMs....I really want to go....but can't make it this year either because I have no money, no bike, family commitments, etc.....but I'll be there next year for sure.  How many WCRM's have you actually attended?  Not a single one that I am aware of and I have been to 8 WCRMs since 2006.  Have you attended any of the WCRM.5 meets?

Expressing interest is great but it becomes pretty meaningless unless there is some attendance to go along with it and this year's attendance at both WCRM and WCRM.5 absolutely ...........(fill in the space).  It may be time to do what the mass majority is already doing.....something else.

So your answer to declining WCRM attendance is to further alienate the already dwindling audience of potential attendees. Brilliant!

But you do offer up some really good advice. I think I'll go do something else, somewhere else.  Twofinger

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle...
mcrider007

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2014, 10:12:18 pm »

So your answer to declining WCRM attendance is to further alienate the already dwindling audience of potential attendees. Brilliant!

But you do offer up some really good advice. I think I'll go do something else, somewhere else.  Twofinger

So.......I guess the answer to my questions is a big "NO", you have not attended any WCRM meets.  Truth be told, I wish you had attended at least one WCRM meet since you joined STN because I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years.  Maybe our paths will cross "somewhere else".   Smile
stefrrr

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 06:52:48 pm »

Awww... group hug, everyone!  Beerchug
UHOH

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: C-14 Sport-tour
GPS: Washington State - the dry, east side
Miles Typed: 1177

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:09 pm »

I probably won't have a bike by then, but depending on where it's located, I may just drive up and be the SAG wagon.
With the rash of people passing away around me - I've really woken up and committed to stopping with the excuses, and starting
to do the things I want to do with my life...one of which is to start meeting some of the fine people from this place.  Thumbsup

Well, you have more posts to your credit than I do, and X2 the reputation (however that is figured).

So I hope you view the majority of the STN feedback (positive) vs. a single directly posted negative feedback.

UHOH

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: C-14 Sport-tour
GPS: Washington State - the dry, east side
Miles Typed: 1177

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2014, 09:15:22 pm »

I am in Fossil,Or having a mango smoothie, will arrive for the cocktail hr at The COUSINS Inn? Will need to make lodging arrangements.

Jeff

Darn Jeff,

Here's photo of you changing your 3 plugs in 8 minutes flat (jealous) before the day's ride.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/uhoh01/2010/Rides%20of%202010/Sept132010071.jpg

Of course I gave you a ride back to motel after your engine seized,
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/uhoh01/2010/Rides%20of%202010/Sept132010089.jpg
and we had pushed your bike 100 yds into the trees so it would remain unmolested until you returned w/ a truck to get it.
As I recall, you stated you were trying to set a new land speed record when your bike just-plain-pooped-out-on-you!

So Spectre, Stefrrr, Knobnose, guest were WCRM 0.5 in 2014.  Next year, little more time, some better attendance.
And is reputed that Spectre never posts up in advance of his attendance, BTW.
Nodaclu
Laps Timed By Sundial

Reputation 24

My Photo Gallery

Wait...what?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2014, 09:33:15 pm »

Truth be told, I wish you had attended at least one WCRM meet since you joined STN because I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years.  Maybe our paths will cross "somewhere else".   Smile

Well, you have more posts to your credit than I do, and X2 the reputation (however that is figured).

So I hope you view the majority of the STN feedback (positive) vs. a single directly posted negative feedback.

It's all good. I gave myself a time-out for a couple of weeks.  Lol  You weren't wrong - you just came across pretty harsh, and I really didn't understand why. I realize that people who say they are going to do something, and then never do it, are incredibly annoying (I know...I'm married to one.) But it just felt a little over the top.

No one is more frustrated than I am, about missing the events year after year. With the child's birthday on June 6th, and the wife's on Sept 15th, I've always felt the pull at the last minute to not miss a birthday. But this year, the kid turned 18 and the wife turned 40. The kid is grown, and no more milestone birthday's for awhile.

After a number of good years financially, and several nice, new bikes, my business crashed in 2009, and it's taken me 5 full years to dig out. In the interim, I've either had no bike at all, or bikes so crappy I barely trusted them within a 50 mile radius. Bigsmile I paid the last of the old business debts off in August. I have a decent job. I'm looking at new bikes again for the first time since 2008.

I might actually make it to the 2015 WCRM (assuming there is one). I know....I know.  

But I promise one thing:

I won't commit to attending in that thread when it's created. I'll (hopefully!) just show up. Wouldn't that be a nice change from the past?  Bigok
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:07:43 pm by Nodaclu » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal