Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: I am seriously considering trading in my Yamaha FZ-09 on a Tiger 800 XC ABS  (Read 28630 times)

Windblown
Old Codger in Training

Reputation 33

Motorcycles: '04 Concours - '03 FZ1 - '05 KTM 525 - '09 CRF250X - '13 KTM 990 SM-T - '07 Yamaha R6S
GPS: Shenandoah County, VA
Miles Typed: 3540

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2015, 10:53:50 pm »

And now the 2015's are out. :-[

For me, the only attractive feature the 2015 has over the previous generation is the WP suspension. I'm not sold on the FBW throttle and associated maps, CC, etc.  The system appears to be the same as used on the Triumph Explorer and it got a lukewarm reception at best by owners.

So... I bought a used 2013 800XC last week that had only 1767 miles on it! Smile

I'm liking it alot. The upgrade/farkle list is fairly short: Better handguards, better skid plate, risers, and possibly a suspension upgrade in the form of Traxxion AK20 cartridges up front and a Penski rear shock, or the OEM '15 WP suspension front and rear which is a bolt in.  The cost of either route on the suspension + the cost of the bike and other farkles is still WAY under what a new XC sells for so I'm happy.

I may die with nothing to show for it but there will be a heck of a garage sale.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

FJRider
Developing ADV addict

Reputation 1747

Motorcycles: 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC ABS, 1975 Yamaha RD350
GPS: Drifting through the Driftless
Miles Typed: 599

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2015, 09:18:01 am »

For me, the only attractive feature the 2015 has over the previous generation is the WP suspension. I'm not sold on the FBW throttle and associated maps, CC, etc.  The system appears to be the same as used on the Triumph Explorer and it got a lukewarm reception at best by owners.

So... I bought a used 2013 800XC last week that had only 1767 miles on it! Smile

I'm liking it alot. The upgrade/farkle list is fairly short: Better handguards, better skid plate, risers, and possibly a suspension upgrade in the form of Traxxion AK20 cartridges up front and a Penski rear shock, or the OEM '15 WP suspension front and rear which is a bolt in.  The cost of either route on the suspension + the cost of the bike and other farkles is still WAY under what a new XC sells for so I'm happy.

Great find!

Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal